Man grabs shotgun, chases would-be robber

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by Bigcountry02, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

This is in New Orleans!

More at the video description.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kagO9DXTPWo&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kagO9DXTPWo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

3. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

He should have shot the idiot in the *** as a reminder of the event.

4. improvised_prepper

improvised_prepper New Member

I agree with this action. Or beat the hell out of him with it and leave a battered crook and a broken gun for the police to find

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

i think its hilarious the only time you see a gun being taken away and used on some one is when its a goblin brandishing a firearm and the victim grabs it and uses it on the goblin lol

6. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

He wasn't at all nervous, just stood there with the shotgun pointed in his face, didn't even jerk or throw his arms up ... and then snatched the shotgun from the lame criminal. Kudos to his unflinching courage. :)

7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

In NYC a guy took the gun away from the bg and the police shot him 20 times.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

And that's why I say "shove it" to the people who scream that it's exactly what will happen if you OC a handgun. I still have yet to be presented with a single example, regardless of how much I've looked, and have asked opponents to OC to look, for cases where a LAC has been disarmed or specifically targeted because they were OC'ing a handgun.

Kudos to the man with the big brass ones for snatching that shotgun!

9. improvised_prepper

improvised_prepper New Member

My question is, has anyone come forward?

10. willshoum

willshoum New Member

lol..............

The idiot returned in a car, and said he wanted his gun back. and he was willing to swap the good guys cell phone that he had dropped in the chase.....................I'd of just gave him the lead.......:)

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

After watching the video again, I want to point something out that I'm sure everyone saw, but maybe didn't take notice of.

The would be robber began running BEFORE he even lost full control of his weapon. Just the fact that the guy was fighting back scared the crap out of him. This speaks volumes to me. Anyone else care to say what comes to their mind when thinking about that?

12. 1911love

1911love New Member

Bingo Trip! GFZs gotta go. I'm glad that guy was ok, just wish the BG would've been put down so he couldn't hurt another human being.

13. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Good point trip. I noticed this myself. Reminds me of something that happened when I used to drive limos. had someone try to jack me one night. My window was down, he shoved in a pistol, and ordered me to get out.I didn't even think about it, I put the window up with his hand still inside the car.

After removing his gun, (turns out it wasn't even loaded), I took him for a walk, all the way to the closest police station. When I trapped his hand, he freaked. When the car started to roll forward, he started to scream and beg. Took about 15 minutes to get him there because I never went over 5 MPH, but he was very glad to see them when we did. After all the paperwork was done, I went home, and he went to a cell. That's not very uncommon when the victim fights back, the gun is supposed to cause fear and intimidate. Resistance is not expected.

1911, while I personally feel the same way, his attacker was fleeing from him. If he had shot, it would not have been self defense at that point. He would have been up on charges at that point. Not saying it's right, but it is the law, and he was on video at that point. if it was me, I would have been very tempted to shove that shotgun up his azz so far that he would be tasting Rem-Oil, but it still wouldn't be legal. :eek:

14. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Excellent point, but we can dream, can't we?:D