Man comitts suicide at gun range

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Daoust_Nat, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

They should put a sign up.

"Please DO NOT commit suicide in the gun range."

Yeah, that should work. :rolleyes:

3. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

That is messed up, Find another way you idiots and stop using our ranges, takes too long to clean up and continue with our practice..

4. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

The range will probably stop renting guns or adopt the "buddy system" in use in many California ranges where you are not permitted to use the range alone...there must be at least 2 people in your party.

Of course anti-gunners will ignore the rental gun connection and blame the range as a leading cause of suicide...

5. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I agree I think a "No Suicide" sign should do the trick. I mean hey if it works for "No Gun" zones. Wait isn't it already against the law to commit suicide. Maybe we need another law. Surely they wouldn't break 2 laws to commit suicide. :rolleyes:

6. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

It may prevent them from getting sued from distraught family members looking to make right where it does not exist.

I feel for these people doing this, I'm sure they are troubled.

7. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

After the last nut job shot her son and turned the rented hand gun on herself, Shoot Straight stopped renting guns for about 4 months, and then resumed. That was about a year ago. No telling what they will do today.

Saw someone comment that the ranges should not be there so people would not shoot themselves. I guess pharmacies should not be there so people could not off themselves with prescription meds.

I am also lobbying for a CCW requirement to buy a baseball bat since some guy killed his neighbor a couple of months ago with his kids bat.

8. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

We had the same thing happen here in Kansas City fairly recently, guy rented a gun and *BANG* all over.........It happened at "The Bullet Hole" a large indoor range built by B.E. Hodgdon and was at the time the largest indoor range in the world. Now Hodgdon Powder and the Bullet hole share a parking lot.

Here's a link to the range's Site, in particular its history if any one is interested:

History

9. Mandy

Mandy New Member

The sign should read:

"Suicide is a felony and it's strictly prohibited on the premises, violators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law"

:D

10. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

I agree. Its strange in a way, of all the ways to do it, going to a range really speaks to the level of preperation a commitment these people had. Really a shame.

11. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Have you ever wondered how many one-car fatal traffic "accidents" are actually suicides? Should we outlaw cars too?

12. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Small claims suit against the estate for damages. Perhaps a $1000 cash deposit to rent a gun (to cover clean up expenses).

13. orangello

orangello New Member