Man cited after paying bill with 2,500 pennies

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Trez, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

2. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Call me crazy, but I thought pennies were US currency! You would think that "currency" is better then the illegals give them.

3. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

He wasn't cited for paying with pennies...rather for his behavior.

4. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I'd say it was more likely retribution for paying with the pennies than any actual disorderly conduct.

Kudos to him, I hope he pays the fine with pennies as well! :cool:

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

While I applaud his devotion to how passionately he was in dispute over this bill, dumping 2,500 pennies on the counter and demanding the staff count them was definitely NOT going to go well. :rolleyes:

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I would have set a jar or 2500 Pennies on the counter and walked out.

7. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

I remember one where a guy who got a traffic ticket or something paid the court clerk with a check and in the Memo: line he wrote "Extortion". The judge mailed him a fine for contempt of court.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

i would tend to agree most traffic tickets are extortion. you only see cops on the road here first and last weeks of the month... some that get their quota in early and the ones that wait to the last few days of the month.

then you get the slimy communities that use cameras to extort money from people.

9. jca1

jca1 New Member

I'd rather the local police get funding by fining law breakers than forcing me to pay more taxes:D