Make your soundtrack

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Benning Boy, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Pick three appropriate songs for this scenario:

You're rolling down the balmy Miami streets in your Testarossa with your girl, all is right with the world, she's giving you the eye, you turn on the radio, and hear ________.

She wants a drink, so you pull into the lot of a seedy bar. Once inside, some @$$hat gets rude with you, so you knock him into the jukebox before the big brawl, and on comes ________.

As you're leaving, you run into the General from your old S.O.G., who needs your special talents for that mission in Laos. As your chopper scrapes the treetops, the song blaring is ________.

And...go!

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Easy!!

I'm rolling down the balmy Miami streets in your Testarossa with your girl, all is right with the world, she's giving you the eye, you turn on the radio, and hear "Something in your Mouth" by Nickelback.

She wants a drink, so you pull into the lot of a seedy bar. Once inside, some @$$hat gets rude with you, so you knock him into the jukebox before the big brawl, and on comes "Bad to the Bone" George Thorogood and the Detriot Destroyers.

As you're leaving, you run into the General from your old S.O.G., who needs your special talents for that mission in Laos. As your chopper scrapes the treetops, the song blaring is "Burn it to the Ground" by Nickelback.

3. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Yeah, "Bad to the Bone" seemed the likely default setting to me, too. That, or some ZZ Top.

Which leads me to wonder, do bands consciously set out to make a "Fight in the bar" song? And if so, and you were a bar owner, wouldn't that be the LAST song you'd have in a jukebox?

4. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

That or cheap furniture and plastic glasses!!

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

You're rolling down the balmy Miami streets in your Testarossa with your girl, all is right with the world, she's giving you the eye, you turn on the radio, and hear Ashford & Simpson - Solid .

She wants a drink, so you pull into the lot of a seedy bar. Once inside, some @$$hat gets rude with you, so you knock him into the jukebox before the big brawl, and on comes Bodies by drowning pool.

As you're leaving, you run into the General from your old S.O.G., who needs your special talents for that mission in Laos. As your chopper scrapes the treetops, the song blaring is DUAH BACK IN BLACK by AC/DC.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Damn, good question, but a hard one for me because I don't hear music the same way any of you guys do. I am completely retarded when it comes to all things musical...

1. Total Miami Vice Rip Off - In The Air Tonight. I have just really always dug the way that sounded in the show. :cool:

2. The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

3. Indestrucible by Disturbed

But, this is DEFINITELY not my area of expertise....

7. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I've seen jukeboxes on 5 continents, and evry one of them had Clarence Carter's "Strokin".

I hate that song.:D

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

1. Can't Drive 55 - Van Halen

2. A Boy Named Sue - Johnny Cash

3. Back in the Saddle Again - Aerosmith

9. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

You're rolling down the balmy Miami streets in your Testarossa with your girl, all is right with the world, she's giving you the eye, you turn on the radio, and hear Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond.

She wants a drink, so you pull into the lot of a seedy bar. Once inside, some @$$hat gets rude with you, so you knock him into the jukebox before the big brawl, and on comes Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas.

As you're leaving, you run into the General from your old S.O.G., who needs your special talents for that mission in Laos. As your chopper scrapes the treetops, the song blaring is Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap by AC/DC, followed by The Ballad of the Green Berets by Barry Sandler.

Jackie

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You're rolling down the balmy Miami streets in your Testarossa with your girl, all is right with the world, she's giving you the eye, you turn on the radio, and hear

"Smuggler's Blues" - Glen Fry

She wants a drink, so you pull into the lot of a seedy bar. Once inside, some @$$hat gets rude with you, so you knock him into the jukebox before the big brawl, and on comes

"Burning Down the House" - Talking Heads

As you're leaving, you run into the General from your old S.O.G., who needs your special talents for that mission in Laos. As your chopper scrapes the treetops, the song blaring is

"Ride of the Valkyries" - Wagner

11. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Easy peasy.

1. You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC

2. Have a Drink on Me by AC/DC

3. Seek and Destroy by Metallica

12. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Whole Lotta Love,,, LZ

Double Trouble,,, Skynyrd

Crazy Train,,,,, Ozzy

13. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

You're rolling down the balmy Miami streets in your Testarossa with your girl, all is right with the world, she's giving you the eye, you turn on the radio, and hear "Big 10 Inch" by Aerosmith.

She wants a drink, so you pull into the lot of a seedy bar. Once inside, some @$$hat gets rude with you, so you knock him into the jukebox before the big brawl, and on comes "Were You Born An A$$hole" by James Buffett.

As you're leaving, you run into the General from your old S.O.G., who needs your special talents for that mission in Laos. As your chopper scrapes the treetops, the song blaring is "Ride of the Valkyries" by Wagner.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009