Make your life a little eaiser!

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by canebrake, Feb 3, 2009.

1. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Make your life a little easier!

I am NOT lazy, but I am a thinker! (Thanks, Glen Beck.)

I know there are members out there that start fires with sticks and can field strip their 1911s with just a spent cartridge.

Well get over it, or just stop reading this thread!

I plan on using this to share with my more enlightened brothers/sisters the items I personally own.

I will comment on my acquisitions with pro & con views, based on my personal experiences.

I encourage your comments as to your experience/thoughts on each item.

In addition please post any of your 'tools & toys" that make firearm ownership a little more enjoyable. (or miserable)

I will conclude each review with one of these three ratings/recommendations;
    1. [​IMG] Buy it!
    2. [​IMG] Run away from it!
    3. [​IMG] Meh

Lets see what the 'ole canester has first:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

The first review:

The Maglula UPLULA Universal Pistol Magazine Loader

[​IMG]

This military quality, polymer loader is advertised as capable of loading (with no adjustments, inserts or spacers) 9mm Luger through .45 ACP, single and double stack magazines in 1/3 the time of conventional loading.

I have owned this for nearly a year and can only comment on it's efficacy in use on 1911 7 & 8 round mags and Glock .40 SW 10 & 15 round double stacks.

It does work [​IMG], and I have eliminated the dreaded 'range thumb' anomaly completely!

No more sore fingers from those extended range visits and much faster reloads!

Check out this video. With little practice even I can now 'speed load'!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zos_7e-c4t0]YouTube - Universal Pistol Magazine Loader[/ame]

I started this thread because of this Midway on-sale email.

MidwayUSA - Maglula UPLULA Universal Pistol Magazine Loader

If you do not have a mag loader, this would be a great addition to your arsenal!

Canebrake rating: [​IMG] Buy it! Especially if it's on SALE!

I think it's a little pricey, but well built, and should last you a life time.

It's a canebrake range bag regular (RBR)!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Why waste your money on that thing go get laid and have kids. Then you have someone to load the mags for you. LOL......

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Oh, did you miss the old fart memo, or just figured it didn't apply to you guys that still have breast milk on your breath? [​IMG]

Been there, done that and got the orthodontist bills, college tuition bills and first-house down payment scars T-shirt.

After 42 years of marriage, all my mag loaders have mags of their own and workin' on getting them loaded!

This "Make your life a little easier" thingie will make much more sense to you once you start shaving! [​IMG]

5. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

canebrake posted:
    I can field strip my 1911 with my bare hands.............

Oh...........I'm sorry........... I forgot that all you have to work with are crusty old Colts.........ooooopsies...........

[​IMG]

Quick question. Why is the logo rainbow colored. Is there a hidden message maybe????

:D

Seriously though, thanks for the review. I'll look into one of those mag loader, helper, universal thingies.

6. Fayettedave

Fayettedave New Member

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Not everything is in Black & White, but can be!

[​IMG]

The other one came from Jeff Gordon's pit crew or Jesse's [​IMG]

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I started shaving in the 3rd grade.

Ok so makin kids is out why not go and buy a few from some third world crap hole. Like Bradglina do Then you can keep them in yoru basement and feed them cardboard.

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Great idea,.....wait, we don't have basements here in FL. [​IMG]

10. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

If you need a mag loader, you need a revolver.

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I got a revolver. Let me whip it out..........[​IMG]

It shoots through schools!

[​IMG]

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Now that's some humor there! [​IMG]

13. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

Its like trying to reason with a toddler sometimes isn't it? Give him a break guys. He just wanted to show off his little mag loader.

Don't let the mean men bother ya Cane, I like it. Me personally, I don't have the need for one. I just put the pointy ends toward the front and push. Seems to have worked alright so far.
    But hey if you run across anything else we might all enjoy (oh I dunno, maybe an embrodered shooting towel, one of those memory minder recorders so we remember where we parked our truck at the range, or an ammunition purse) post it up. :D

14. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Thanks hill, I can always count on you for support!

Now when was the last time?......I'm thinkin'....hold on, still thinkin'......still..................ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

[​IMG]

15. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

[

After 42 years of marriage, all my mag loaders have mags of their own and workin' on getting them loaded!

Dang. 42yrs??? you must really be old:D

This "Make your life a little easier" thingie will make much more sense to you once you start shaving! [​IMG][/quote]

And start shaving? I will have you know I have been shaving my back, arse , and balls since I was 11:D:D

16. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Hey eyeheartguns, whatever blows your dress up!

And remember; "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he'll just kill you. " [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

OK, I will try to get this back on track.... Save your money on the Accu-Wedge. The useless little rubber thingie that you put between the receiver halves on an AR. It does nothing.

If your fit is a bit sloppy, cut a piece of pipe cleaner about 3/8" long and place it between the upper and lower at the front (under the chamber). Press the two halves together and viola. No more slop. And the best part is it is free.

18. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

+1 on the uselessness of the wedge. Another gimmick to separate us from our money. A disposable earplug will do the same thing beneath the rear takedown pin.

19. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

another +1 along with hillbilly68.

Useless gimmick..............:rolleyes:

20. canebrake

canebrake New Member

OK let's do another one;

Wheeler Engineering Bench Block

[​IMG]

Ever need three hands to remove or install a pin, detent or spring?
    The Bench Block makes the job easier.
    The Bench Block has basic grooves, notches and holes on both sides.
    It is ideally suited for the 1911-style handguns.
    Made of non-marring urethane so it will not scratch even the finest firearms.

Material:polymer
    Dimension:
    • 4" diameter
    • 1.25" thick​
    Features:
    • This bench block has various holes and grooves designed for use with Colt 1911A1 pistols and clones
    • It can be used with almost any gun
    • The holes and grooves function as a "third hand" while drifting pins from frames, etc.
    • Will not mar finish of gun parts.
    I have owned this tool for six months now and have used it every time I work/clean my guns. (All guns, not just the 1911's)

See that indent just left of the W in the Wheeler logo? That will save you that inevitable 'where the he11 did the main spring cap go?' when servicing the MSH. Go here to read the complete instruction sheet.

Instructions;
    http://www.midwayusa.com/midwayusa/StaticPages/pdf/Instructions/Univ Bench Block Instr.pdf

This is one of those ‘garage door opener’ tools. Can I do without it? Yes. But use it for one tear-down and you would never go back!
    Do I enjoy using this? Yes. Is it worth the $15? Yes, at twice the price!

It does work [​IMG] , and I have experienced the protection it provides my guns from scratches and dings.!

MidwayUSA - Wheeler Engineering Bench Block

Canebrake rating: [​IMG] Buy it!
    I think for the price you should jump on this before they wise-up and ask more for this great tool! A quality built tool that should last you a life time.

It's a canebrake work bench regular (WBR)