Major score...need to find

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by ArizonaLawman, Nov 7, 2011.

1. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

It's no secret I am a Glock Guy. Carried one for years on duty.

BUT....I am also a HUGE fan of the 1911, most especially the Commander or ANY 1911 in 9mm or 38 Super...

Anyway...I found a PRISTINE Series 80 Combat Commander in 9mm. Other than the fact that the weenbag who owned it swapped out the standard recoil spring and replaced it with a daggum full-length-guide-rod...it is almost perfect.

I WANT to find an old Wilson Combat #1 beavertail. NOT the new slotted memory humped silly assed thing, but the old school beavertail.

If ANY of you all have one in a parts box...even if it's been fitted and removed...I will buy it. I have NO problem welding it back up and re-cutting it to fit the McCormick trigger I will be installing.

LEMME KNOW.

Attached Files:

2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Looks nice, but too plain jane for my coolness. :D

3. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Damn nice gun there.

Nice find! Tell us how she shoots!

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations. Enjoy that Colt! :cool:

5. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

I give y'all tree-fiddy fir it...pm me.

:p

6. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

Bah....I already ordered a set of elk stag grips for it. I want to find an original Wilson #1 beavertail for it....I don't heart the new high sweep, memory hump, blah blah blah 'tails. Even the old Smith & Alexander type would work.

I envision this one as a "Perfect Carry Commander"...just what I want, and none of the frilly crap so popular on a 1911 these days.

7. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Agree. It's got a nice looking bluing, but needs dressed up with some nice grips. Something that will set that bluing off! I've never been a fan of black on black.

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

If it was a 70 series I'd be excited :p

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I knew it was the Loch Ness Monster when he said tree-fiddy! :p

10. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

I don't know the reference, but comical nonetheless...haha. :D

eta: Here it is?
    I also don't know why the man from AZ has not replied in the affirmative to my most generous offer...so sad. :(

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  11. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

I just got home from an out-of-town training gig. Been gone a week. Sorry...thanks for the offer, but I'm keeping it.

12. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

Your reply is appreciated. ;)

Sorry...no beaver tail for you.

It looks great and glad you're happy with it.

13. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

I already ordered a set of elk stag grip panels....and since the Wilson 'tail seems to be a gjost...I ordered a Smith & Alexander...my second favorite.

I will start grinding on it this weekend....

14. tCan

tCan Active Member

What's with all these old dead threads being featured on the front page? This is actually one of the freshest ones too. All the other ones have been like a year old.

15. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

You could just buy a wilson instead of faking one;)

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

Attached Files:

16. AZL

AZL New Member

Bruh man...I have a REAL Wilson that I had built for me back in 1991 before they started mass-producing everything. The new ones are nice to be sure...but why spend 3k or more on a pistol that isn't going to be what I want?

I am doing a very basic carry package....'tail...McCormick trigger, which I like better than Wilson's...MAYBE upgrade the sights, but I find the higher profile Series 80 sights to be fine. Alas...I am doing all the work on this one myself.