Firearms Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday I ordered a Tyrant Design magwell for my Glock 48 (which is starting to become my favorite firearm) and today it came in. I practice dropping and inserting mags and I can say the magwell does make a difference of ease when inserting the mag at least for me. Now for me this is only the second time ever using a magwell installed on a carry gun, I have a SIG P320 with one installed, but I don't carry that particular hand gun anymore. I also wanted to see how it concealed and it didn't print any different than if I didn't have it installed, also got my wife to look to see if it printed more and she didn't notice any difference either, she didn't even know what a magwell was so that says alot. I also like the sleek look of it, it's well machine and the finish of the magwell matches the slide finish perfectly. I kind of like this accessory, anyways what do you guys think of magwells, or do any of you have them installed on you carry firearm.

Air gun Everyday carry Gun accessory Bag Gun barrel

Here's a magwell on my P320:

White Air gun Trigger Revolver Style

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
I get it for competition, and i might very well have them if I was running security. I only carry the mag in my gun. I have extras in the car. So... not a lot of use to me.
Not to say they can't be nice. Just not something I'm gonna run on my EDC.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
I have a RIA 10mm that has a mag well. It is okay. I have never felt a need for one myself. Once I get myself trained with the gun, inserting a mag is a natural movement that does not require me to look at what I am doing; it is all by feel and muscle memory. I know when the mag is fully seated and I do not have problems lining the mag up to inset it. I imagine they might be helpful in competition or making John Wick movies…😏…but I do not find a need for them in my world.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Ran them on my IPSC race guns, but not on anything else. They do help speed up reloading when you're running and gunning, but I think if I ever found myself in a real world situation where a magwell would be helpful, then it's probably not really going to help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts