MAGPUL to leave Colorado!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by JoshH, Feb 16, 2013.

1. JoshH

JoshH New Member

A statement was released by MAGPUL saying if the new gun restrictions being introduced in Colorado pass they will be packing up and leaving. That will take over 85 Million in revenue and 600 jobs out of Colorado. WAY TO GO MAGPUL FOR STANDING UP! My great state of Utah would welcome you with open arms!!

2. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Good on Magpul.

3. RemFire

RemFire New Member

About time the industry starts hitting them where it hurts.

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Sure hope they come to Wyoming. :)

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

now if Remington were to leave NY or Springfield leave IL ... :rolleyes:

good for Magpul! <RESPECT> :cool:

6. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Come down South...

They'll always be welcome here in the great (firmly red) state of North Carolina... We have the facilities, infrastructure and workforce to support them.

PS- the BEST accessories I put on my resent AR build were from Magpul and FAB Defense !!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  7. locutus

Editorial in the Denver Post basically sez a ban "is the right thing to do" and Magpul shouldn't let the door hit them on the way out.

Good!!!

Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah would be happy to have them.

8. Str8tShooter

Str8tShooter New Member

Magpul goes to the top of my list.

It's great to see the industry standing behind law abiding citizens and our rights..

They only way to preserve these rights is for all of us to stand together.

No compromise.

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Ah, yes- the Denver Fence Post. I dropped my subscription when I no longer needed to line the bottom of the bird's cage. :cool:

10. orangello

orangello New Member

Good for Magpul; others should follow their example.

11. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

I have bought a number of Magpul magazines and will continue to do so.

12. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

Well they wouldnt have those issues if they were in texas:)

13. 3rdgenguns

3rdgenguns New Member

Good for Magpul! I wish more firearms related companies would follow suit. There should be none in California or NY, to name a couple states. They should move to states the support second amendment rights.

14. locutus

And they will if we call get off of our dear arses and write letters to them to let them know that we are concerned:)

15. bowserb

bowserb New Member

I'm pretty flush with Magpul's AR products...my AR is practically an ad for the company. If they move, though, I'll have to figure out more to buy from them--especially should they move to Texas. Right now Texas Governor Rick Perry is in California promoting Texas for lower taxes to businesses being strangled by CA taxes. He needs to go next to New York, Illinois and Connecticut to let gun mfrs know they're welcome in Texas. We've got a few, including the high quality 1911 mfr STI, but it would be something to get Freedom Group, Kimber, Springfield Armory, Hi-Point, and Colt to move their manufacturing to a place where they're not hated by the liberals in government. And Texas is a right to work state, so as long as they avoid the Beaumont-Port Arthur area, plus probably Houston, they'll find plenty of non union labor.

16. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Kentucky would welcome any gun manufacturer or firearm accessories manufacturer to the Bluegrass State. Come on over Magpul.

17. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I was born and raised in CO and spent my first 50 years there (except for two years in the big green latrine);), I left about 15 years ago because it was getting to Kalifornicated!!!:mad:
    I saw this coming along time ago. Good for Magpul !:D

18. locutus

Jim, I've watched from Wyoming and just about cry when I see what has happened to our neighbor, Colorado.

I just wish that all the Colorado folks that have fled would move back and take Colorado back from the kalifornicators.:(:(:(

19. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Whats the latest development on this story?
    they passed the law, did Mgpul release any statement that they will now move?
    (they added a last minute proviso to the law that manufacturers "may" make bigger mags for "export" to other states)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013