Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A statement was released by MAGPUL saying if the new gun restrictions being introduced in Colorado pass they will be packing up and leaving. That will take over 85 Million in revenue and 600 jobs out of Colorado. WAY TO GO MAGPUL FOR STANDING UP! My great state of Utah would welcome you with open arms!!

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
now if Remington were to leave NY or Springfield leave IL ... :rolleyes:

good for Magpul! <RESPECT> :cool:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Come down South...

They'll always be welcome here in the great (firmly red) state of North Carolina... We have the facilities, infrastructure and workforce to support them.

PS- the BEST accessories I put on my resent AR build were from Magpul and FAB Defense !!

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
Editorial in the Denver Post basically sez a ban "is the right thing to do" and Magpul shouldn't let the door hit them on the way out.

Good!!!

Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah would be happy to have them.

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
Good for Magpul! I wish more firearms related companies would follow suit. There should be none in California or NY, to name a couple states. They should move to states the support second amendment rights.

And they will if we call get off of our dear arses and write letters to them to let them know that we are concerned:)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm pretty flush with Magpul's AR products...my AR is practically an ad for the company. If they move, though, I'll have to figure out more to buy from them--especially should they move to Texas. Right now Texas Governor Rick Perry is in California promoting Texas for lower taxes to businesses being strangled by CA taxes. He needs to go next to New York, Illinois and Connecticut to let gun mfrs know they're welcome in Texas. We've got a few, including the high quality 1911 mfr STI, but it would be something to get Freedom Group, Kimber, Springfield Armory, Hi-Point, and Colt to move their manufacturing to a place where they're not hated by the liberals in government. And Texas is a right to work state, so as long as they avoid the Beaumont-Port Arthur area, plus probably Houston, they'll find plenty of non union labor.

·
Premium Member
7,896 Posts
I was born and raised in CO and spent my first 50 years there (except for two years in the big green latrine);), I left about 15 years ago because it was getting to Kalifornicated!!!:mad:
I saw this coming along time ago. Good for Magpul !:D

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
I was born and raised in CO and spent my first 50 years there (except for two years in the big green latrine);), I left about 15 years ago because it was getting to Kalifornicated!!!:mad:
I saw this coming along time ago. Good for Magpul !:D
Jim, I've watched from Wyoming and just about cry when I see what has happened to our neighbor, Colorado.

I just wish that all the Colorado folks that have fled would move back and take Colorado back from the kalifornicators.:(:(:(

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Whats the latest development on this story?
they passed the law, did Mgpul release any statement that they will now move?
(they added a last minute proviso to the law that manufacturers "may" make bigger mags for "export" to other states)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Another reason to bail on CO. Is all the prep our gov is doing in the areas of Denver and Cheyenne Mountain. Vast underground complexes that start under the new Denver airport and rabbit hole all over the place.

Once the SHTF , Denver underground is the new DC. Omaha used to be the place to hide underground, and that is likely one tunnel from the new headquarters below the new airport.

CO. would be a poor choice to live and own a gun business in the years to come, unless you sold to the gov.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts