Magpul RVG for standard G.I. handguards

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Nathantc, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

was browsing thew the selection of junk at Academy for a cheap rail or some way to have a vertical grip (i personally shoot better with them) and was looking at the RVG,, now i loved my MOE handguards with the MVG,, it was the most comfortable vertical grip i ever used (i hate all there pistol grips though) but i like the standard hand guards and didnt want to buy both

so i opened the package there in the store to take a look and seen theses other small parts that came with the RVG
    [​IMG]

well after seeing this i thought hmm, it may be just the right spacing to fit the existing holes in the handguards i have now, it was tight but it pushed in with my thumbs.
    now i did have to drill two small holes in the black inner heat shield for the screws to pass thru, i could have cut the screw shorter too as they were way to long.

but i love the end result, a nice clean look with the function i was looking for with no extra unnecessary rail space
    [​IMG]

2. ccase39

ccase39 Member

Im still trying to figure out if I like the vertical handgrips. I do like bipods and I have a hand grip that pops out and splits into a bipod like this
    http://www.amazon.com/Mako-Tactical...d=1380508255&sr=1-22&keywords=hand+grip+bipod

Last night I was farting around and decided to take it off and put the rail covers back on. It felt pretty comforatable to me that way too. I will have to do some more shooting both ways. I hadnt shot without the hand grip much since I put a quad rail on.

3. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

try 50 yard double taps with and without a vertical grip,, for me i will keep both rounds damn near on top of eachother when using a vertical grip,, but with out one im all over the place, maybe its just me

anyway, thats why i say i shoot better with one, than with out

on another less important note, i noticed when shooting my friends registered full auto lower, it way easier to stay on target with one than with out