Magpul MOE MIAD Grip Storage Cores

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by drvsafe, Sep 2, 2012.

1. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I've been scouring the interweb looking for a storage core for my Magpul MOE grip that holds 3 spare rounds. For some reason everyone that sells AR accessories sells the AA, AAA, CR123 and Bolt and firing pin cores, but NOT the 3 spare round one. I have to assume it's no longer manufactured. :confused:

Does anyone have a line on where I can buy one of these cores?

It seems like a great option to have a few spare rounds at hand, you never know, right?

2. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

From what I am seeing it doesn't look like they ever sold it separately, only with the MIAD grip.

So if anyone's got one they don't use or want, PM me.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Is this what you are looking for?

Attached Files:

4. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

yep that's the one.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

6. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

got it, thank you Sir!

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

And when you speak of me, speak well. :D

8. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Dill...in...ger!! Dill...in...ger!!

Can do.

Thx

:)

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

drvsafe, you owe JD a few likes on his helpful posts!

10. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

11. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

Mine came with the 3 round storage core, is that standard? Are you just looking for a spare?

12. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I made some for my grips. I punched 2 holes in a piece of 1/2" foam mat and glued it in place. Only holds 2 but works great. Now I have converted most of my guns to hogue grips because I like the feel better but no good insert for them :(

13. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I have come to find that they come with the grips but are not sold separately. Dillinger's already made me an offer I can't refuse. :)

Thanks though.

14. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

I'm feelin' the love here!

Seriously, that's nice, Dillinger.

15. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

My homemade foam units :)

[​IMG]

16. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Not too bad pure!

17. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

It holds them very tight and I goop them on so if I decide to take them off I just peel the goop off its kinda like heavy duty rubber cement and it doesn't discolor the plastic. I figure if I have run outta ammo and i need any more than 2 extra rounds I'm screwed anyway :rolleyes:

18. EW1066

EW1066 Member Supporter

I gave him a like just for being a good egg.

EDUB

19. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I gotta give a huge thumbs up to Dillinger!!!

Dillinger is the man. Thanks again, so unnecessary to have gone that extra mile, but I totally appreciate it and look forward to returning the favor!

My thanks again to dillinger and the FTF!!!

Nate

20. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

So drvsafe sent me an envelope that was stamped and self addressed. I put the product in it, took a couple of photos, deposited it in the local post and it NEVER showed up. :mad:

I, of course, just assumed that the package would be delivered and never posted the pictures nor sent them to drvsafe.

A couple of weeks go by, I don't hear from drvsafe, but I am cleaning out my inbox and send a follow up PM.

NO DELIVERY. :mad::mad:

Well hell. I promised this new guy something, in complete public, and everyone thinks I am this great guy. *totally not true by the way*

I know a guy who sells gun parts and accessories and he owes me a few favors.

I e-mail him and he has a Magpul MAID kit that he is willing to sell me at cost plus a couple of bucks for overhead and shipping.

I sit on it for about a week because I HATE going to the post office, which is why we had agree upon a self-addressed, stamped envelope in the first place.

Today drvsafe was able to get what I promised him 6-8 weeks ago and he NEVER bad mouthed me, NEVER complained about my promise and since he has received the part he has offered to pay me on multiple occasions.

This is what FTF Community has ALWAYS been members helping members. We don't lie to each other, we don't bitch about each other, we don't throw each other under the bus, and when we can - WE CHIP IN AND SUPPORT EACH OTHER.

*respect* to drvsafe for not "outing" me for not delivering on the first attempt, I truly dropped that part in the mail but it's somewhere, lost, in the USPS system. :(