Magpul Moe Handgaurd

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by BullseyePrecision, Jan 1, 2013.

1. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

Anyone prefer the moe handgaurd to a quadrail. I know the picatiny rails go onto the moe but that's about it. What are some pros and cons of both? I'm trying to figure out which one I want so I would like to find out what you can and can't do with both

2. e43jimmy409

e43jimmy409 New Member

Ive never used a quadrail, but my MOE I love. It is comfortable in me hand. I dont have a bunch of crap hanging off of my AR so i dont need the quadrail. I have heard they aren't very comfortable on the hand without rail covers. The only thing I have mounted on mine is a vertical grip. The MOE is also inexpensive..

3. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I prefer the quads over magpul. Just don't like polymer. If I wanted to stay plastic I would just keep the OEM handguard and add picatinny rails to it. I actually just bought a drop in quad rail for mine. I love the look of an original hand guard with carry handle sight but couldn't resist getting a quad. For now I have to use the carry handle sight with the quad because I can't afford optics and I hate how that looks with quads but O well. Can't always win right.

4. elfmdl

elfmdl Active Member

Just installed a moe handguard and I love it, but I also do not have many accessories on my AR, I keep it pretty basic

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I dont care for the quad rails, I would never use much of that rail other than a flash light and front sight , the ones I have handled beat the crap outta my bare hands shooting ,both had sharp edges and seemed just big and bulky in my hands , I have several FF tubes and some of the magpuls and I do like my magpuls , they are thinner than most factory hand guards , better feeling, and magpul stuff can take a beating . and for what little bit of cost hey are its a huge upgrade for me over the big fat factory round hand guards

6. kytowboater

kytowboater Well-Known Member

I put one on mine, ill never use it, I like the look, it has squishy covers. Makes it nice.

7. JonM

JonM Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

none of my 556 ar15 have quad rails. i do have a quad on my scar17 but it comes with it. i added a rail extension to it but not for the rail space but to get gripping surface further out and help protect me from the hot gasblock. ive got a half quad on my 458 socom upper.

i would shave the left right and bottoms off the quads i do have if i could do it and make it look good. i dont really care for em and vastly prefer the moe

8. Devin556

Devin556 New Member

I have big hands and quad rails are hard for me to hold so I went with the moe. I've got a forward grip and light mounted. I first bought the magpul forward grip that bolts directly to the handguard but I didn't care for it because it is small. I like the folding forward grips myself because they are versatile.

9. Quentin

Quentin Active Member

Another big fan of MOE handguards here. Cheap, tough as nails and they don't slop around like standard plastic handguards. Very tight fit, put a CTR stock on the other end and you've got one stiff rifle.

10. Rogue

Rogue New Member

I'm an MOE fan as well. It is one of the first things I change about any upper I buy. They are just so comfortable and I'm another one of those people that don't hang a bunch of crap off my ARs.

11. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Only thing I hang on mine is a VG and possibly a light. That's it. No slings or anything else. Its just more comfy with the verticle grip to rest your palm against.