Magpul MBUS

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by dreweB, Aug 10, 2013.

1. dreweB

dreweB New Member

I got a problem I bought the magpul handguard and front mbus thinking I could mount the sight to the handguard but when I do that the sight is way to high... I cannot mount it to my gas block either... Can I put my front sight on the rail right before the handguard starts?

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

What brand and model? Usually the maker has a solution. Got pictures?

Anyway, you wouldn't want a front sight on the receiver rail, the sight radius would be a joke - too short. And you shouldn't mount it on the MOE handguard. What kind of gas block do you have? Railed?

Curious, why didn't you get a standard FSB? They work for most applications.

3. dreweB

dreweB New Member

I have a low profile gas block, didn't like the standard A2front sight

4. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

So you have a carbine length gas system AR-15 with a low profile gas block and MOE handguards? Your gas block does not have 1913 rails on the top of it, correct?

5. dreweB

dreweB New Member

Correct..but I've solved the problem I brought the moe handguard back and got a 2 piece drop in quad rail so I can put my sight directly on it and it works fine now

6. CGS

CGS New Member

For what it is worth, the "drop in" two piece rails have a little bit of wiggle. Just enough that you are going to have a harder time keeping zero at longer distances. I would not personally mount sights or optics to them. Lights and CQB lasers no problem.

I'd swap out the hand guard with a free float rail similar to the Daniel Defense MFR or the Troy Alpha TRX. Or I would swap out the gas block with a railed gas block or a FSB.

Just my 2¢ Everyone's' AR is truly different.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  7. dreweB

dreweB New Member

Yeah eventually want to free float it but that's all I could afford right now