Firearms Talk banner

Magpul MBUS sights

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Squawk 
#1 ·
If I install a magpul mbus rear sight with a stock iron sight will that work? Will the magpul sight be too low for the iron sight? What kind of optic can I use with this set up?

#2 ·
Can't answer that question without knowing what you have.

The MBUS rear sight will be proper milspec height.

Commercial grade ARs like RRA, DPMS, Bushmaster, Oly and others do not have the milspec height front sight so they could have a zeroing problem, especially with a 100 yard zero.

Milspec style ARs like Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, LMT, Spikes, Sionics, PSA and others shouldn't have issues.

What kind of optic are you thinking about?

#7 ·
Does it have the f-marked FSB?

#11 ·
I have a DS Arms upper as well.

I just received my MBUS rear sight and installed it. my optic was already installed and zeroed.

when the rear sight is down, its flat and out of the way of the optic. flip it up, and take a sight picture through the peep hole, its nearly dead on to where my red dot is... I haven't fired it yet, but I'm going to assume that when I look through the peep, and take a normal sight picture with the front iron sight, and it all lines up with where my red dot is, that my iron sights are dang near zero.

#13 ·
... I just received my MBUS rear sight and installed it. my optic was already installed and zeroed.

when the rear sight is down, its flat and out of the way of the optic. flip it up, and take a sight picture through the peep hole, its nearly dead on to where my red dot is... I haven't fired it yet, but I'm going to assume that when I look through the peep, and take a normal sight picture with the front iron sight, and it all lines up with where my red dot is, that my iron sights are dang near zero.
I agree. That's the way I prezero a RDS before going to the range. I know my irons are right so just lollipop the red dot on the front sight and go. As long as you have a good solid mount then the reverse should work as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.