Magpul gives up the 2A fight a little bit...

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by nfafan, Mar 1, 2013.

1. nfafan

nfafan New Member

Up to 9-pages of Magpul talk at arfcom when it was revealed that Magpul will continue to sell to BAN STATE .gov's.

Maybe they needed to raise cash for moving vans to leave CO?

Or buy CO properties to build grow-houses for the weed, man...

Way to support the 2A there Magpul...

In a related note, Gwovenor Cwoumo had the NY law adjusted to exempt Hollyweird productions inside NY from the AWB and mag bans. Can't irritate the money men, can they?

2. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Before we trash Magpul, let's wait for the dust to settle and we what final positions are.

3. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

What all the gun manufacturers need to do is say that they will not sell anything to the government that they can't sell to civilians, the awb would stopped in no time and the NFA would be repealed immediately

4. WNGMSTR

WNGMSTR Troll Scout

5. locutus

Channel 7 news got it wrong. As usual.

The bill I read will make it illegal to sell or transfer magazines over 15 rounds.

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

All I can say at this point is Lmfao Colorado. Clearly a state of wackos run by wackos. I think I shall call it new New York. Congratulations.

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

says the guy from MA :rolleyes:

though i completely agree with you ;)

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I gotta say it before my state is just as bad. Lol

9. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

before? :confused: Hell, MA has lead the way ... if you think NY and CO are bad now, wait till the legislators in MA take up the issue :eek: You'll be lucky if you get out of there without a rectal exam :eek:

;)

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Agreed. I see no real support here. I've sent the local groups proof of abuse of our misguided gun laws and they do nothing, but they will jump all over the credit for 'effectual' rallies. It's bs.

11. FullautoUSA

No matter how hard you debate and lobby, you will never pass a pro-gun law in this state, GOAL and other ma 2A groups are pretty much ineffective.

12. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Id be more disapointed in Magpul going back on their promise to leave the state than anything. I cannot for the life of me figure out why you would stay when so many states would do next to anything to get your buisness?!?

13. locutus

I don't think they will stay. But moving a manufacturing/assembly facility will not happen overnight.

14. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

No I know that. I dont think anyone expects them to, but gears should be turning internally and a timeline established and announced to the public in a month or two.

Just my .02

15. Marthor

Marthor New Member

Some other states have offered to pay for the move. They will go. They just have to pick the best deal. They'll probably get the new site mostly up and running before they pull the plug on CO though.

16. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I know that. I dropped my membership when they chose to do nothing about ffls being refused sale of 'non-ma compliant' black powder guns.
    1 ma compliance laws don't apply to ffls unless it is in regards to selling said guns.
    2 black powder guns aren't even considered firearms and therefore there is no such thing as a non compliant one.

17. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

I do hope they go through with it. The symbolism would be powerful.

18. FullautoUSA

We need a new local 2A group in this state, one that actually fights for it.

19. locutus

I'm afraid there are some on this forum that will accuse them of "selling out" because they didn't get moved yesterday.:(

20. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Most of magpuls products wouldn't be affected by a ban anyway. For them to say that you can't buy their products because of the state you reside in would be a huge marketing error, it also doesn't make much sense. I could see it if they sold firearms to leo in the state, but not unregulated accessories.