Magpul CTR stock

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by SWBMOAMP2691, Aug 18, 2013.

1. SWBMOAMP2691

SWBMOAMP2691 New Member

I have a Magpul MOE stock on my MP15 by S&W. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who has tested and confirmed any notable difference in overall performance as far as accuracy and controllability goes between the MOE and the CTR stock. The hype on the CTR is that because it locks down on the buffer tube it has a slight increase in accuracy. Is this true or should I just stick with my MOE? Thanks for any input.

2. combateffective4

combateffective4 New Member

I used to own a OD green moe stock... The moe is a bargain for the price there are not many stock out there that come close in quality for the price. I replaced my moe with a CTR about 2 years or so ago the craftsmanship is obviously the same high quality you expect from magpul.. I will say that any wable is completely gone now by enforcing the lock button another thing a really like is the QD mount.. But does in increase accuracy ???? Maybe "technically yes" will you notice it? Probably not i run my " magpul style" or aisossalies triangle style

Forcing the rifle into my shoulder which I believe puts enough pressure to stop most wable
    So I haven't noticed a difference
    Maybe bench shooting or prone might give you minor accuracy increase

Have you looked at any other offerings ? Jw

I love my LMT sopmod I would say no play what so ever awsome cheek weld and battery storage compartment this is my fav stock

Also like my Troy battle axe it is a shorter stock more cqb style it does have slight wable large storage compartment decent cheek weld

3. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I can tell you that without engaging the lock on my CTR, I get quite a bit of wobble, but when I lock it down it's as solid as a rock. No movement at all.

I also use the QD.

4. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

All lower end stocks are the same if your trying to assess accuracy. The MOE might be slightly lighter and just as good as the CTR, I you like the lock,and the Q/D mount go for it. I think stocks are personal preference and what ever suits you is best. The only difference to me is weight and ergonomics. I don't get caught up in brand or price. If it $300 and I like it and feels good or if its $50 and feels good ill get it. As long as they are built well and will live up to its intended duty or use, than its all good.

5. combateffective4

I really really wana try a ubr see if its worth those pennies

6. combateffective4

I really really wana try a ubr

7. whitelightning

whitelightning New Member

The UBR is great, got that on my 16". Prs is great as well on my 18"

8. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

Yeah, but that PRS is really heavy.

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Like others have said, I prefer (and buy) the CTR over the MOE for the extra friction lock and the QD mount. But the extra wobble of the MOE won't affect accuracy a bit.

10. samnev

samnev New Member

In order of my favorite Magpul carbine stocks.
    ACS, CTR then MOE, Never tried a UBR.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  11. DropZone889

DropZone889 New Member

I love my CTR FDE, it fits soo snug and locks solid in place, even the pad fits perfect for me on my shoulder , wouldn't by another unless Magpul makes something new plus much better ? ! :)

Attached Files:

12. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

I put a CTR on my first build and now have them on 4 rifles. Looks really good with the enhanced buttpad also. Solid, light, comfortable and it's nice to have the QD mount there.

13. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

MOE works fine and is really light. But I greatly prefer the tight lockout option on the CTR, ACS, and STR. Removes most of the rattle and play from the stock region. I have some MOEs at home for future builds, but they may not go on any 'keepers'.

14. 1911love

1911love New Member

Is that friction lock on the CTR like the Rogers Super Stock that comes on some 6920s? I love the Super Stock that came on my 6920.

15. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Yeah, they're similar. I've been tempted to try out a Rogers but probably will stick with Magpul.

16. msup752

msup752 New Member

I have both stocks. The MOE wobbles a little bit. I never noticed it until I built my 300 Blk and put a CTR on it. The friction lock is super solid.

17. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I have the CTR. Had some pos stock before that. CTR is much nicer.

18. 1911love

1911love New Member

Quentin, why are you sticking with MagPul? I've got some stripped lowers I want to build, so obviously I'm going to need more stocks.

19. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I like the CTR, can't see changing to Rogers.

20. 1911love

1911love New Member

That's cool, I was wondering if the CTR was a better built stock.