Firearms Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I ordered the MBUS gen 2 flip up sights for my ruger 10/.22... I hope they are easy to sight in as my only option is an indoor range. I have never sighted ANYTHING in. I am guessing you just adjust the elevation post on the front sight? If any of you have the MBUS sights, please leave your feedback below!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Rear sight = Windage
Front sight = Elevation

Good luck! If I recall, any 10/22 I have ever seen does not have an adjustable front sight.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rear sight = Windage
Front sight = Elevation

Good luck! If I recall, any 10/22 I have ever seen does not have an adjustable front sight.
I bought the complete mbus set so i am running those, my quad rail completely covers the 10/22 irons.

·
Registered
864 Posts
molonlabexx said:
I bought the complete mbus set so i am running those, my quad rail completely covers the 10/22 irons.
It covers the front sight on the barrel?
Picture please.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It covers the front sight on the barrel?
Picture please.
Yes. Look on google: utg ruger 10 22 commando quad rail. That is why I had to have the set.

·
Registered
864 Posts
molonlabexx said:
Yes. Look on google: utg ruger 10 22 commando quad rail. That is why I had to have the set.
I see. That is a pretty short sight radius IMO.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see. That is a pretty short sight radius IMO.
It is actually close to the length an ar would be. I have both on the very ends of the rail, giving me the best possible view

·
Banned
446 Posts
I have a dumb question and hope it is not off topic... That MBUS -- what is the difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2? I have the original I presume for, well, a couple of years actually as backup for a couple of LMT rears...

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a dumb question and hope it is not off topic... That MBUS -- what is the difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2? I have the original I presume for, well, a couple of years actually as backup for a couple of LMT rears...
The windage adjust is better and it looks a bit more nicer, weighs less. There are detailed videos on it.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How rugged are they? Metal or plastic? I have a set that came on my M&P15-22 MOE, are they the same?
They are polymer and high quality. Plastic can be strong if you make it like magpul.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts