Magpul B.A.D Lever

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by connectegr, Aug 3, 2012.

1. connectegr

connectegr New Member

Just installed the B.A.D. lever. I stopped by the range tonight just to give it a try. Made a bunch of mag changes to get the feel. It is natural and fast.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

+1 I have it on both my ARs. And one will go on my next!

[​IMG]

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

i had one on my bcm was causing intermitant failure to lockback on last shot.

4. powell0892

powell0892 New Member

I have heard several people say this so i was slow to buy it but I havent had any problems (yet) may it has to do with the lower or lpk???? Who knows?

5. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Got them on all my ARs.. it's a must. Never have any problems and loving it.

6. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I ordered one. Will see how it performs. Actually, I just ordered a ton of magpul gear, including their DVD, so I'll do a write up with pics.

7. lilbailnick

lilbailnick New Member

image-4127215564.jpg

100% awesome and worth the 25$. And easily an over looked benefit to close bolt while in firing position!

8. SWBMOAMP2691

SWBMOAMP2691 New Member

I Like the BAD lever. It performs well and the price is right. The only issue I had was with the fitting. It fit over the bolt catch fine but I had to file off a little from the receiver side because it was causing the bolt to lock back after every round. Runs like a charm now. Good buy.

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Don't have them on my ARs, too many years of whacking the paddle I guess. :D

10. Texgunner

Texgunner Member

I have that same issue with the B.A.D. lever on my Rock River.

11. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Fwiw

The instructor of the carbine course I recently took said he did not want/would not install a BAD lever on his AR. Instuctor endorsed "whacking the paddle".

YMMV

12. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

As a left handed shooter I don't see as I need one.

13. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have been looking at the phase 5 replacement catch , I just have a hard time spending $50 on that particular piece when the paddle works just fine , and I know if I get one I will want one on every gun and thats $250 I could spend on ammo . What to do :confused:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Hey Pure, just buy one. I've been looking at that for a while but just like you, couldn't justify the cost. And yeah it'd be expensive to just buy one for each AR. Also I seen that there are fitment issues with some receivers.

I actually prefer the Troy Bad lever to the magpul. The controls are just a tad bigger and easier to access.

15. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

works fine on my PWS MK1. And as a lefty, I find it quite useful.

16. Anch368

Anch368 New Member

Have you looked at the Phase 5 Tactical Monolithic Extended Bolt Release. At least with this you won't have any fitting issues and I think it looks pretty cool. I have the B.A.D myself and love it, definitely a nice edition. I might have to give this Phase 5 a try next AR!

http://phase5tactical.com/products/ar15-m16/ebrv2-

17. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

im bringing this one back from the dead!!.. i want more of a debate as i was researching these a little. the videos all say its makes a reload faster, and the advantage of not moving your trigger hand... i think it looks cool, however ibelieve that i am just as fast at closing the bolt by smacking my B*&ch around as i would trying to get acustomed to the lever. and i dont move my trigger hand for that either.. is it really what its cracked up to be?

18. Rhino24

Rhino24 New Member

I have one. I'm not sure how much it speeds up reloads. It takes a step out of your left hand hitting the ping pong paddle and now you use your trigger finger to put the bolt back in battery ( ready to fire ) it also let's me know what state the bolt is in. Ether ready to fire or bolt back if your dust cover is closed. The other cool thing is when you need to lock back the bolt it is one step and no funny reach around. I say it's a great addition to the AR. Magpul B.A.D and there is a new one out now that attaches with 3 screws not sure the name of it. I say it's G2G.

19. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I have the replacement catch and have compared it to the Magpul one that fits over the paddle on a friend's PSA, much prefer the replacement catch on mine with the JDM lower. This could be partially due to the PSA lower having what seems to be too wide of a slot machined for the paddle. The BAD is way too loose and moves around too much.

That having been said I don't care for the look of it at all. Love the way it operates, but it looks like a piece of toilet paper stuck to your shoe as you walk out of the bathroom.

20. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

I have the BAD lever on my BCM and so far it's worked great. Was looking at the Phase5 also.