Magpul AFG - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by jakemaenius, Aug 20, 2010.

1. jakemaenius

jakemaenius New Member

Wanting some thoughts or input on magpul's angled foregrip. Just general opinions and such.

I'm thinking of putting one on my Colt/Umarex .22lr.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I tried it, I didn't like it. Couldn't decide it if was for quick acquisition, or just a comfortable angle to hold the weapon when not shooting.

It's well made, I just didn't personally care for it.

YMMV. :)

JD

3. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

No sir, do not like it, uncomfortable and unnatural reach for me. Now a vertical grip, is good to go for me, and comfortable ergonomics. :)

YMMV as well.

4. jakemaenius

jakemaenius New Member

Thanks for the input. I have a vertical grip now and I like it. I might try and handle a rifle with one of these on it before I purchase.

5. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

I've got one and love it.
    Mounted long on a full length handguard while standing shoulders squared up to target (isosceles) leaves my support arm just slightly bent, very quick and stable on transitions from target to target.
    I would not recommend it mounted short on a carbine length handguard, the angle would be uncomfortable and its not really the way it was designed to be used.
    [​IMG]

Magpul's Travis Haley's grip, tried it and it works well for me.
    [​IMG]
    YMMV for me as well...................I had to look up what it meant first:D

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I can't speak for that grip but I will speak for their products. They make great products and stand behind them.