Magnifiers

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Jarheadvet, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Jarheadvet

Jarheadvet New Member

I would like to add a magnifier on my DPMS which has a Aimpoint. I can find very little information. Any suggestions?

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I would take a look at the L-3 EOTech X3 Magnifier. High quality and a nice unit!

3. Jarheadvet

Jarheadvet New Member

Thank you. It seems as if there is no much info out there. I appreciate and will check it out.

4. SeanCucf

SeanCucf New Member

I'M gonna pick up a Primary Arms magnifier for $70 and I'll let you know how it works....well, when my upper shows up, I will. People give PA a big thumbs up for the $.

5. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Vortex VMX3 $129.00.

6. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

You may want to start here - Product singleview

;)

7. Jarheadvet

Jarheadvet New Member

Thanks

Thanks for the responses. I look forward to hearing now hour primary arms works. The ones I look at are mounted in front of my Aimpoint. I was hoping to find one which pointed towards the front sight which could flip into place for long range shooting and out to the side for CQB

8. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

Im think depending on how much of my tax return i get to spend im goint with primary arms they have a deal if you buy a eotech xps the give you a 3x free... gonna get a flip to the side mount for it. or maybe a Q/D havent made up my mind yet

9. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Id think a FTS mount would be best. If not in use just flip it to the side. Itll still be there if needed.

10. Jarheadvet

Jarheadvet New Member

Does the magnifier go in front or to the rear of the Aimpoint?

11. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

The place only the nasty girls like. The rear

12. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

As well as a flip to side mount for the magnifier you can get a twist lock base. It allows you to install/remove the magnifier by twisting locking it in place on the picatinny rail. And yes, the magnifier installs behind the scope,

Aimpoint Twist Mount For 3X Magnifier - Stores and Prices

images.jpg

images1.jpg

images3.jpg

13. lancelot86

lancelot86 New Member

The magnifier goes in front of your red dot. As in closest to your eye. See picture. I personally don't trust any of the cheaper magnifiers. The Aimpoint and EOtech 3x magnifiers are def a little more expensive, but you're getting what you pay for. Check the LaRue website. They sell the optic/mount combos.

Attached Files:

14. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I was talking in relation to the weapon.