Maglite on scope rings?

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by thewildwonder, May 4, 2013.

1. thewildwonder

thewildwonder New Member

I love maglites... They are bright, cheap and invincible... An idea I've had for quite some time is to get scope rings and use them to hold a mag lite to my AK instead of a surefire or something else stupidly expensive...

Think it will work? Lol

Also I just got the T6 stock set for my saiga AKand can finally actually do something like this :)

2. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

If u have enough desire anything can be achieved .

3. thewildwonder

thewildwonder New Member

Haha well then... I suppose ill try it :)

4. jeepboy4life

jeepboy4life New Member

Yes it can be achieved, on my current coyote setup I have something similar. I use two scope rings bolted together at the rail mount side so it looks some what like a figure 8, one of the scope circles goes around my scope, the other around my mag light. I am also working on making this a one piece setup, waiting for my aluminum to come in.

5. thewildwonder

thewildwonder New Member

Awesome!! Thanks for letting me know! Now I won't feel so much like I'm experimenting :p

Ill post up some pics when I get it taken care of. Probably Sunday or Monday!!!

6. jeepboy4life

jeepboy4life New Member

Sounds good, I use the XL50 mag light, it has a one inch OD I can post some pics of my setup next weekend.

7. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

I do know someone makes this flashlight holder that has a post the size of a 12 ga. shell to be used with a shotgun sidesaddle to hold it and that's what I use on my HD gun -- LCD bulb, red lens, pressure switch on semi-pistol grip (you can see the wire).

Attached Files:

8. thewildwonder

thewildwonder New Member

I don't know anything about scope rings, is there specific size I should be looking for?

I'm gonna get the normal little maglite from Walmart for like 20$ and probably just some cheapo wal mart rings too since I'm not looking for a perfect zero on my flash light haha

9. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Duct tape works. It even keeps airplanes flying.:D

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lmfao. That was my first thought.

11. MattShlock

MattShlock New Member

Airplanes -- it's for DUCKS!

12. jeepboy4life

jeepboy4life New Member

The XL50 is 30.00 bucks at Walmart, in my opinion well worth the extra 10 bucks, and if you get the XL50 you will need a 1" scope ring

13. thewildwonder

thewildwonder New Member

I grew up with maglites ive just always liked them and they are brite and nearly invincible and if you do you break them the parts are easily available...

And duct tape would work in a zombie apocalypse but it doesn't make for an attractive AK lol

14. thewildwonder

thewildwonder New Member

Okay I got her done. Cost me 32$ for the rings, theflashlight and the batteries. I'm pretty satisfied! Ill have to take it out shooting and see how it does! Popped a couple spares in my forward grip storage :)

Attached Files:

15. thewildwonder

thewildwonder New Member

I had to put some tape on the maglite to make it thick enough to fit snug in the rings.... Ill definitely have to do something better in the near future but for now it works! Nothing better go bump in the night ;p