Magazines??

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by tenntyrant, Oct 25, 2011.

1. tenntyrant

tenntyrant New Member

I want to get some extra magazines for my ar what are the best ones to get?

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

NHMTG and Mag Pull in my opinion! After years I have yet had the first problem with an NHMTG Mag. And I like the new Mag Pull Magazines.

3. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

4. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Second that. MagPull is the best you can fill to capacity, stomp into the dirt, pick up and still use. Well worth the money if you want the best.

5. Redarrow18

Redarrow18 New Member

6. JoeBobOutfitters

JoeBobOutfitters New Member

PMAG's are by far the most popular magazine that we've sold. They work great! The new Troy battle mags are pretty cool too...but don't really do anything significantly better or worse than the PMAGS IMO, for more money.

7. JeffCooper

JeffCooper New Member

I agree 110%. Joe Bob is a great source for them as well. That's where I got mine!

8. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

i use Pmags but i do have one tapco that never has gave an issue yet, i like the way it looks and how it feels in the hand. i left it loaded for a few months and it still works fine. some how i feel that the Pmags are better but i do like the tapco.

jump on you tube and look at some of the poly mag test for the ar that ar out there. the pmag and the tapco seem to take quite a beating.

9. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

tapco on left MagPul Pmag on the right
    [​IMG]

10. MrWray

MrWray New Member

+1 on Magpul pmags, only type of mags i use

11. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I like the 30rd pmags with the maglevel and ranger plate

ForumRunner_20111026_231218.jpg

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I don't think there is a magazine out there that can touch the quality, strength and rigidity for the price as Cammenga's Easy-Mags. Spring Steel, solid construction, easiest to load and you can run them through anything, they still feed 5.56mm all day long.

JD

** This note has to exclude Cane's super premium Virgil Tripp AR mags based on entry level pricing but I do concede the Tripps are awesome **

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

+ 1 JD, the Cammenga mag is an outstanding 5.56 mag in the 30 round size.

And when it comes to AR/AK mags; [​IMG]

BUT, should you want to carry a tad more ammo, or carry a bunch more 458SOCOM, take a look at the Tripp Research Super 42

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or the Super 52

[​IMG]