Magazines vs clips

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by sarge_257, Dec 29, 2010.

1. sarge_257

sarge_257 New Member

[​IMG]
    http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/members/sarge_257/albums/sarge257/2205-clips.jpg
    This should stop for ever the argument between clips and magazines. If you look in the dictionary for magazine it states that it is a holder for ammunition. The pictures above, if the links work that is should show the difference. If the links do not work you can go to sarge257 gallary and click on the name sarge257 and it will show you the pictures I have tried to link here.
    Sarge PS: It also will show you the barrel I had listed for sale in one story but could not get the picture to upload. Well it looks like only the pic on clips downloaded but you can see no magazines in the picture so you get the idea.

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Sarge, it should but I bet it won't. Too many people-especially newcomers, don't know the proper terminology. Or perhaps they don't care or can't spell magazine.

3. bkt

bkt New Member

For what it's worth, my experience shows that those who care to know understand the difference, and those who prefer to remain ignorant will never know the difference.

4. sarge_257

sarge_257 New Member

You know I never thought about the spelling part. LOL LOL
    Actually I hear the Police on TV say it wrong all the time. And everyone seems to believe what they see on the TV.
    Sarge

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Sold me. Here I thought a magazine was something one reads and clip was something one watches. Color my face red. :eek:

6. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I would even accept mag, which is easier to type than clip. I hate clip because it is the term anti-gunners use, along with machine gun, assault rifle, and gunman.

I'd rather type a few more letters and dictate the words I use, than use the words chosen for me, about me, by the main-stream media.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

when i was in texas begining of december i bought a whole bagful of 30 round clips for my AR15 with green followers 5$ each

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  8. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

There fixed it for you.:D

9. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I don't get it. If I am talking about my Sigma and say I just picked up a couple 16 round clips, everyone knows what I am talking about or they wouldn't pop off about Clip...Magazine. Tomayto...Tomahtoe :confused:;):(:eek:

10. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Anyone know where I can buy some good 1911 clips?

11. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I hear GLOCK makes some polymer clips.

12. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I read about a guy that was almost clipped by some gangster but the guys magazine as empty.:p

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

What is the big deal? You know what they are saying. Get over it already.

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

That ranks up there with muzzle break (who broke it?) and the M1 Grand (Well, yes they are, but most sell for less than a grand)

I am still fighting the "what kind of bullets do I put in my gun?" thing.

A clip is what a mohel does during a bris.

And if you think that is not fair- a fair comes to town once a year. It has a merry go round, cotton candy, and you step in monkey poo. :p

15. nwrednk

nwrednk New Member

Ditto!

Clips, aka "stripper clips" are not magazines! They "work" like a magazine to
    aid reloading a weapon, but do not "house" ammo like a magazine! I some-
    times use "clips" to feed my broomhandle Mauser, but I see no need to own
    & use clips to feed my Mosin-Nagant as it only holds 5+1! If I were in a
    battlefield situation, I would favor a faster reloading option! But, at best my
    Mosin is most likely to kill a deer or an elk! And I doubt that I will ever need
    to use the 18" spike bayonet that was included with the rifle, as its use is
    as obsolete as the need for stripper clips!:rolleyes:

16. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

This is my rifle
    this is my gun
    this is for shootin
    this is for fun

Women wear pants. Men wear trousers.

17. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Redneck- if you clean that spike bayonet very carefully, it comes in real handy when camping. Vension or beef, few peppers, onions, and you have shiskabobs! And you never know when you may need another tent stake. Want to keep rifle butt off the ground? Just stick the bayonet in the ground. And if you are ever doing the "Get off my LAWN!" routine....... :p

18. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

1). Magazines

[​IMG]

2). Clips

[​IMG]

19. sarge_257

sarge_257 New Member

clips / magazines

Drum Junkie
    I liked your pics. Now I need to know how did you get them to transfer whole like that? When I try to transfer pics all I get is for me to copy the link address. And it would only take one. The second one wouldn't come in. Complicated? or my mistake? I don't remember this in Computer 101 in college.
    Sarge