Magazine subscriptions?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by powell0892, Jun 19, 2012.

1. powell0892

powell0892 New Member

Hey guys just curious if y'all have any magazines you enjoy reading that are mainly ar15 and/or gun related. I have been trying to find some fun reading material. Thanks!

2. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Are you looking for entertainment or knowledge?

3. powell0892

powell0892 New Member

A little of both would be great

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I would say browse through what's on the rack and decide which are half way decent and which are pure garbage. Barnes & Noble is nice since there's a wide selection and you can sit down. Most gun rags are fluff and glowing reviews since they don't say anything bad about advertisers.

5. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

There's a new mag Recoil that seems to be quite popular. I haven't read it though.

6. MrPEZO

MrPEZO New Member

Recoil is a great modern tactical magazine. The last two issues I bought were good. Other than that I go to the book store once a month. Look at them all and buy the one that catches my eye or wait till next month.

7. powell0892

powell0892 New Member

Sounds great thanks guys I will go check them out and keep an open eye for recoil, dont have Barnes but books a million should do the trick.

8. MrPEZO

MrPEZO New Member

Powell I have Books A Million, that's where I find it. Is a little wider and has a "dull mate" finish cover not a glossy mag.

9. MrPEZO

MrPEZO New Member

Latest until 7/3/12

Attached Files:

10. powell0892

powell0892 New Member

Awesome! Thanks a lot pezo!

11. losack

losack New Member

Recoil is just getting started.

Well written articles by seemingly unbiased guys.

I like it because they cover rifles, pistols, shotguns, knives, gear, vehicle upgrades, and scenarios. Seems real world during reviews and such they give a pretty good range as far as prices. Some cool exotic stuff but mostly readily available lines.

Good stuff I think. Just now selling subscriptions.

12. lilbailnick

lilbailnick New Member

Recoil is new?..I bought there latest issue or was the first" the issue with the 3 gun cover" anyways I saw this giant mag with guns and bought it! Terrific stuff and a large zombie target, waiting for the next and or I'm sighing up soon..!

13. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

They're only on their second or third issue.

14. lilbailnick

lilbailnick New Member

No...issue 2 but anyways this will no doubt be must have magazine for my work truck and lunch readings

15. lilbailnick

lilbailnick New Member

Not the first,issue 2 but anyways this will be a must have reader for work truck and I haven't bought many magazines that I've wanted to read every page! So I'd agree this is good stuff to come

16. lilbailnick

lilbailnick New Member

Big is good if it wasn't already mentioned, they certainly found a way to make there stuff stand on the rack, and it's one issue I have was quite fun and I think my next purchase is gotta be the "bug out" hummer..lol, and when have you seen a gun mag that has a Muzzle Brake review, unless you search the web?

17. powell0892

powell0892 New Member

Well went to books a million today to pick up recoil and was dissapointed when I found out that they didnt carry it, Im sure they will when they get a little more established.

18. connectegr

connectegr New Member

You can download Recoil and subscribe on the iPad Newsstand

19. powell0892

powell0892 New Member

Thank you I will check it out

20. MrPEZO

MrPEZO New Member

That's crazy Powell. That's where I find it in FL.