Magazine question

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by gregs887, Feb 20, 2011.

1. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

I'm going to head out to the range this week to try out my new toy, but I'd rather not spend all my time reloading a single magazine. What mags do you all use? Are there brands to avoid or are preferred? Thanks!:cool:

2. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

I like Tripp Research Inc. 1911 Magazines.
    Have approx 10k rounds through 5 8rd Mags that have been dropped, kicked, dirty, muddy, stepped on and generally abused. No problems whatsoever:cool:

3. 38SuperFan

38SuperFan New Member

Wilson mags have an excellent rep, as mentioned Tripps are also good. I like McCormicks, and have had good luck with Metalforms too, they may actually represent the best value.

4. xp100

xp100 New Member

I bought 2 10 round mags from CDNN ($9.99 ea). They appear to be "no name". They shoot well in my American Classic .45ACP

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Wilson 47D's have always been good but after I tried Tripp's I haven't wavered.

Did a review of one of their mags in the Staff Review section you can check out if you wish. They aren't cheap, but they are damn good and will take a TON of abuse.

JD

6. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Quoted for truth.

I've got 4 of the 8 rounders and they are absolutely great mags.

-Fred

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

my colts work with whatever i stick in em for the most parts. i got a mix of milsurp colt springfield. ive never owned tripp wilson or other aftermarket clips. ive heard good things about em but never broke down and bought any. all mine are 7 rounders cept for one 15 round single stack mag thats broken. bought the 15 rounder on a lark at a gunshow for 10$ it worked as a good range toy fow a number of years till something went wrong with it.