Magazine Problem?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by elglockeroloko30, Jul 12, 2012.

1. elglockeroloko30

elglockeroloko30 New Member

Rescently aquired a used G30 and it came with a G21 aditional magazine. After I came home, noticed that after loading the 10th round, it makes a rattling noise. In the range i did not heard it beacause of the ear plugs and shoot it with that magazine fully loaded twice (26 rounds) without any problem. My question is,could that represent a reliability issue? Today I carried it for the first time but leaved that magazine at home because i don't know if it culd fail when needed (I mean the magazine!) Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! BTW I love the gun and from know on, I think it will replace my G23 as my main carry piece!

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I've never had that problem. Is it a new mag?

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Springs probably about had it.

4. elglockeroloko30

Thank you so much Mountainman!

5. vincent

vincent New Member

Maybe take it, and a newer mag apart...(I know, I know, pain in the AZZ) and compare to see if you notice any differences/wear in parts...? Springs are no big deal to replace...:cool:

Keep feeding it at the range as well, see if a problem comes up, better there than when you REALLY need it...;)

6. kmglocks

kmglocks New Member

It's normal, it's just the plastic between the floor plate and spring. What gen mag is it?

7. elglockeroloko30

I don't really know but it is diferent than my G21 gen 3 mags in that it only have the "space" (i don't know the word in english) where the mag release goes in one side. My G21 mags have that "space" at both sides and do not do the rattling noise.

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

When you pull the mag apart can you tell if the metal sleeve in it is full length? The older mags weren't and had a tendency to 'bulge' when fully loaded and not drop free from the gun when you push the mag release.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  9. bill111444

bill111444 New Member

If your bullets rattle in your mag. tap the bottom of the mag. in the palm of your hand, that will shift the spring in the mag. and stop the rattle. :)

10. elglockeroloko30

I tried that but did not work!

11. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Fairly common in many double stack pistol magazines. Don't worry about it

12. bill111444

bill111444 New Member

elglocko, take a few rounds out- tap the bottom- reload- no more rattle.

13. Kraj

Kraj New Member

I have a 19 that I bought new, if I load 15 in a mag there is no rattle, 14 there is. All 3 mags do this and they are all new. I've never had issues with them

14. Glock17owner

Glock17owner New Member

My glock gen3 17 mags does it too with only 16 rds but nothing to get worry about. But for some reason two Mags can hold 18 idk why

15. Wildone72

Wildone72 New Member

Send your mags back to Glock and they will send you new ones at no charge.