Magazine issue

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by lonyaeger, Oct 30, 2009.

1. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I have a Wilson Tactical that I keep in my nightstand in which I keep one Glaser in the pipe, 5 in the Wilson mag, and 3 Hornady HPs bringing up the rear.

In getting ready to go to the range tomorrow, I'm unloading the pistol and realize that the mag isn't engaging and it's falling out without depressing the release.

When I remove 2 bullets from the mag, it seems to engage okay.

Is this a mag problem or a pistol problem? Please tell me it's a mag problem!:eek:

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Geez Lon, it's a Wilson!! Call them!

Mailing Address:

Wilson Combat® & Scattergun Technologies™
    2234 CR 719
    Berryville, AR 72616

Order Toll Free: 1-800-955-4856
    Technical Questions: 1-870-545-3635
    Fax: 1-870-545-3310

Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 5:30 PM CST

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I could do that, but they're closed for the weekend. I knew you guys were open.

4. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

Since the mag will lock in place, regardless of number of rounds in it, my first guess is the issue isn't gun or magazine related. A full magazine is harder to seat than a magazine at less than full capacity. As you increase the number of rounds in the magazine you are increasing the amount of force the magazine spring is pushing up on the rounds. When you insert the magazine you must compress the spring even more to get the magazine all the way in so that the magazine lock can engage the magazine. What I'm trying to say is, slap the magazine in like you mean it. You won't break anything by slapping the bottom of the magazine with your palm. Don't just push the magazine in, slap it in. Try that and see if it does the trick.

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I'll try it again, but I've been pretty forceful with it. Thanks.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Shit can the Wilson's and get some Tripp's!!

You will never look back!

Tripp Research Inc. 1911 Magazines

Call (877)837-9445 and ask for Aaron. Tell him canebrake sent you and he will hook you up with the BEST 1911 magazine I have ever shot!

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

So you think it's the magazine, Dude?

Any Caucasians for you tonite?

8. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Okay, I see Tripp is right here in Texas, not too far from me. I'll order a couple. Thanks, Cane.

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

10. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

....but you would think that a new Wilson mag in a Wilson pistol would be a non-issue.....as much as everyone raves about Wilson mags.

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Just look at the differences:

[​IMG]

^ Cobra...Wilson ETM...Cobra.

Just look at the weld quality!

[​IMG]

Look at the fluid bends on the Tripp and the feed lips are CNC finished. NO COMPARISON!

[​IMG]

Steel slide stop interface.

When you build mags for a living all your R&D goes into that product.

When you build guns for a living your mag is a item in which you can cut cost!

You guys come here to ask questions and help others. When I make a recommendation it's based on engineering experience and not on blind loyalty to a mark!

My advice is free and should you not be 100% satisfied, I will refund your money!

12. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Can't argue with that. Well done! Thank you, Sensei.