Made the XD Decison - now which one?

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by Magnum27, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

OK - after numerous trips to the range shooting different guns I have decided to go for the Springfield XD.

So now the question is which one the 4" Service or 5" Tactical. Any feedback on the +/- of these is appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  2. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

If you want it for a range gun and maybe some casual competition, go with the longer barrel. If you want it for more "practical" applications, go with the shorter barrel.

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

One of each. :D

4. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

That makes a lot more sense than my answer.

5. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

Yes - both would be great.

I live in the miserable state of IL so no CC here. Taking that out of the equation does the 5" make more sense?

6. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

Had a great morning at the range shooting the XD 9mm 4" and XDM 9mm 4.5. Shot them both well - think I am going with the XDM if I can get a good price.

7. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

XDm good compromise.

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I have the 5" Tactical & plan on keeping it :)
    Thats saying something for me :p

[​IMG]

Makes a great field rig too -(No, the strap DOES NOT compress the grip safety)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  9. ZombieBrawler

ZombieBrawler New Member

My choice as well, but in the M :) 3.8 full .45 custom in and out

10. AWDeanSr

AWDeanSr New Member

I have the 4 inch barrel that I carry in a galco king tuck. I do not have any complaints with this setup, if mine were lost or stolen I would replace them.[​IMG]

11. Macbeth666

Macbeth666 New Member

I love my tactical (5"). 40s&w I put a later on it and it's perfect. Also got a 2" ka-bar bayonet for ****s and gigs

Attached Files:

12. Macbeth666

Macbeth666 New Member

Laser not later lol

13. lehill66

lehill66 New Member

XD 45 4-inch CC?

I'm curious about how you carry this? I have an XD 45 with 4 inch barrel and it is a tough weapon to CC. I have a Desantis gun-hide (inside the pants holster), and that works well if I'm standing/walking and carrying on the front of my hips, but the minute I sit down the back of the slide digs into my stomach hardcore. If I try to use this holster on the side or on the smaller of my back, it leaves way too big of a print. So just wondering how you do it (where on your belt)? and what's your size? I'm 5'9" and 180 lbs..

14. AWDeanSr

AWDeanSr New Member

lehill66, I am 6'2 and weight about 220. I carry it about the 3 to 4 o'clock position on my belt. The galco holster in my picture doesn't allow the pistol to come in contact with my skin at all and evenly distributes the weight on my belt. T-shirts do tend to rise up and expose the grip sometimes when I bend over. However, NC allows open carry so I really don't mind the occasional grip showing. Other than that, the king tuck makes the xd very comfortable to carry. Bigger shirts than you normally wear and a proper belt are also important