Made the Switch to .45!!

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by JoshX3Magazine, Jun 19, 2009.

1. JoshX3Magazine

JoshX3Magazine New Member

Well I warned everyone...or maybe everyone warned ME.

Today the switch has offically been made to .45. I found a good deal on a Colt Commander in stainless steel and went for it!

I love this thing!

Now if only anyone around here actually stocked enough ammo to sell me more than one box at a time...

Can't wait to scour the local stores and find some ammo that ISN'T Golden Sabres so I can actually shoot it at the range. I'll let everyone know how that goes soon as I find ammo.

::EXCITED!:: :)

Josh

Attached Files:

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations. 1911's are a classic for a reason.

3. JoshX3Magazine

Thank you sir! And I definitely agree. The .45 is a warrior that keeps getting better with age.

4. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Nice choice for a first .45. Range report, soon?

5. Stealie

Stealie New Member

Congrats on an eccelent first 1911. Be warned you cannot have just one.;)

6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Nice .45!!

I was going to get a 1911 in .45, but the same thing around here...no stinkin' ammo!! It's ridiculous!!! The local armory has a few, but theirs is cheap crap priced higher than whitebox winchesters!! :mad:

For now, I'll stick to .40's. I can find .40 ammo daily. :)

A friend of mine just got a taurus pt1911, but has yet to find ammo to try it out. That's just nuts.......:rolleyes:

7. JoshX3Magazine

Thanks for all the positives, guys!

I'm really excited about making the switch (could you tell?) and to be honest it's sitting right here next to me right now and has been since I bought it. :)

I'll definitley put together a range report on this thing once I find some ammo more...shall we say more suitable...to target shooting and breaking the weapon in.

Speaking of range reports, I feel like I ought to do one for the GSG-5 I got recently. I FINALLY got to shoot it and get my red dot sighted in and woo hoo that sucker's nice!

Take care everyone!

Josh

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Nice purchase! I can help you with ammo. Local Dick's just got several cases. UMC 230gr FMJ, $18.99 or 19.99 per 50. If you cover the cost I can ship it to you. I can only buy 5 at a time though. PM me if interested.

9. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Nice lookin pony there Josh. Good luck on the bullet hunt. I was told there will be a case of 45s coming into my local dealer this morning. If so I'm taking the rest of the day off to go buy as much as they'll let me have. They say it will be gone by the time I would normaly get off the job.

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Very nice addition. However, we tried to tell you, now that you have been biten by the 1911 bug, you are going to see your other pistols relegated to safe queens and more 1911's are going to start showing up at your house. :D

Looking forward to some pics and your range report.

JD

11. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Very nice, Josh. :D Good luck on the ammo hunt.

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Josh, welcome to the [​IMG] fraternity!

[​IMG]

You do realize this is only the beginning. Have you started looking for a 5" Government yet!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Great choice. Once you go .45, you will never go back. Try keeping a P-14 stoked on a practice day !! I can't go out and cap 500 rounds for practice these days until I can get a decent supply of bullets again for loading. I'm good on primers and powder, but low on bullets.:(:(
    Jim........................

14. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Excellent choice, mate! 1911's can become an addiction, first you start looking for a few parts to customize it, some nice grips and before you know it you've got two more 1911's in layaway.

I need a Colt Commander...

15. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Congrats on your new pony. Now, after you shoot it some you'll see what the attraction is with .45acp 1911s. Next I expect you'll probably be telling us about a full size enhanced version you just had to have.:D

16. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

VERY nice!!! You are going to love the 1911 and as they already stated you won't be able to have just one I got mine then another a week later :eek:

17. JoshX3Magazine

It's actually scary how well you guys have this figured out. I spent like 2 hours last night browsing the nice grips Sarge makes, looking for gun and sporting goods shops in my local area I might be able to hit up for ammo, and trying to figure out what the heck I'm going to do with myself this weekend if I don't find any range-suitable ammunition.

The dang Colt spent the night on the nightstand right next to me as I overheated the laptop doing searches for parts, pieces and eye candy, and it spent most of my waking hours today sitting on the desk next to me while I worked.

This is one of the very, very few major purchases I've made in my life that I feel absolutely no buyer's remorse about.

Thanks for all your input guys!

Any advice on new parts, pieces and upgrades?

Josh

18. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Yea, don't do anything with it until you throw 500 rounds downrange!

Enjoy it and find out what a real Colt is like. Take it apart, put it together and then do it again. Colts like to be fondled!

If you do decide to make changes, make one at a time!

19. Sarge43

Sarge43 New Member

You'd better start making space in the safe. There's no such thing as owning only one 1911. You think you have it bad now, just wait until you get a few hundred through her and down range. You'll be absolutely ravenous for the next one, and the next one, then you'll be looking at the customs to be built the way YOU want it, and then, well, you get the picture......:p
    Enjoy her!
    Sarge