Firearms Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tina had been carrying in her purse. But she keeps changing her purse. The latest one was too small. So I decided to make her a holster. I wanted to make it diferent from what is in the stores. What do you think. She is into bright colors and such as you can see from the grip. She will not wear a belt. So I made a paddle for it.

Attachments

·
Supporting Member
12,176 Posts
Rick!

WOW! That outfit will get your attention!:D But a "Sharp Looking" little holster! Looks great!

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sniper. She carries concealed anyway. She had a lime green coat and bought a purse to match. She is really into stuff like that. All of my personal holsters are tan, brown or black. She really likes it though. I think it is a chick thing. LOL. I am wondering what Winds of Change is going to think.

·
Premium Member
19,844 Posts
That's great and a "fashion accessory" to boot. :D

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
You did a nice job! I am impressed. It looks quite professional. A lucky woman getting a hand-crafted personalized custom holster.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Hiwall.

I made it from a bag of scraps that I got at Hobby Lobby for $6.99.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Rick1967 said:
Tina had been carrying in her purse. But she keeps changing her purse. The latest one was too small. So I decided to make her a holster. I wanted to make it diferent from what is in the stores. What do you think. She is into bright colors and such as you can see from the grip. She will not wear a belt. So I made a paddle for it.
In her purse is a no-no in my opinion because if the BG snatches her purse, now he has her purse and her gun.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont like her carying in her purse either. But at least she had a real concealed cary purse. It has a holster built in. And the strap has a steel cable in it so that it can not be cut. But I prefer her to carry on her body.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Rick1967 said:
Question. I looks like you made a paddle. How did you do that part? I've made several myself, but I've never tied a paddle

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Question. I looks like you made a paddle. How did you do that part? I've made several myself, but I've never tied a paddle
Yes I did make the paddle. I used two prices of leather glued together for stiffness. I added a 1/2 inch wide strip to it where it would get caught on the inside of her pants. So that area is 3 peices thick. It is very stiff. I used a piece of rubber fuel line to space it away from the holser. I actually laid the fuel line on its side and stitched right thtough the rubber.

·
Administrator
34,386 Posts
Thanks Sniper. She carries concealed anyway. She had a lime green coat and bought a purse to match. She is really into stuff like that. All of my personal holsters are tan, brown or black. She really likes it though. I think it is a chick thing. LOL. I am wondering what Winds of Change is going to think.
I am so sorry I just saw this now. I LOVE that holster. I, too, like colorful accessories. You did a great job and I think it's awesome.

In her purse is a no-no in my opinion because if the BG snatches her purse, now he has her purse and her gun.
I agree here. Even in a special concealed carry purse. I believe a gun should be carried on your body somewhere.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Winds. And I agree about on the body carry. But I have been happily married for 17 years. Some battles simply cant be won.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Very nice workmanship. And with those colors, she won't need a night light. ;)

I'm also concerned about that purse carry. Even if the strap can't be cut, the purse could be ripped away from her by a strong assailant, with the cable quite possibly causing her injury.

A firearms instructor asked a woman friend of mine, "Will you have your purse in your hand or on your shoulder all the time?" I don't know about your wife, but most every woman I know will set her purse down every once in a while to do something that requires both hands. That steel cable wouldn't be much help in that case.

I'm a firm believer that if you're going to carry concealed, the gun had better be on your person every minute. But I was married three times, so I know better than to think you'll have the final say on this...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts