Made a holster for my wife.

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by Rick1967, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Tina had been carrying in her purse. But she keeps changing her purse. The latest one was too small. So I decided to make her a holster. I wanted to make it diferent from what is in the stores. What do you think. She is into bright colors and such as you can see from the grip. She will not wear a belt. So I made a paddle for it.

Attached Files:

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Rick!

WOW! That outfit will get your attention!:D But a "Sharp Looking" little holster! Looks great!

3. Rick1967

Thanks Sniper. She carries concealed anyway. She had a lime green coat and bought a purse to match. She is really into stuff like that. All of my personal holsters are tan, brown or black. She really likes it though. I think it is a chick thing. LOL. I am wondering what Winds of Change is going to think.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's great and a "fashion accessory" to boot. :D

5. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

You did a nice job! I am impressed. It looks quite professional. A lucky woman getting a hand-crafted personalized custom holster.

6. Rick1967

Thanks Hiwall.

I made it from a bag of scraps that I got at Hobby Lobby for $6.99.

7. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

In her purse is a no-no in my opinion because if the BG snatches her purse, now he has her purse and her gun.

8. Rick1967

I dont like her carying in her purse either. But at least she had a real concealed cary purse. It has a holster built in. And the strap has a steel cable in it so that it can not be cut. But I prefer her to carry on her body.

9. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

Question. I looks like you made a paddle. How did you do that part? I've made several myself, but I've never tied a paddle

10. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Very nice idea. My wife would love that thing, she is into bright colors as well.

11. BigRedUSMC

BigRedUSMC New Member

Psh I KNOW if you made more I'd buy one

12. Rick1967

Yes I did make the paddle. I used two prices of leather glued together for stiffness. I added a 1/2 inch wide strip to it where it would get caught on the inside of her pants. So that area is 3 peices thick. It is very stiff. I used a piece of rubber fuel line to space it away from the holser. I actually laid the fuel line on its side and stitched right thtough the rubber.

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I am so sorry I just saw this now. I LOVE that holster. I, too, like colorful accessories. You did a great job and I think it's awesome.

I agree here. Even in a special concealed carry purse. I believe a gun should be carried on your body somewhere.

14. Rick1967

Thanks Winds. And I agree about on the body carry. But I have been happily married for 17 years. Some battles simply cant be won.

15. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

I have one I'm working on right now too. Ill be sure to share them when I'm done

16. shouldazagged

shouldazagged New Member

Very nice workmanship. And with those colors, she won't need a night light. ;)

I'm also concerned about that purse carry. Even if the strap can't be cut, the purse could be ripped away from her by a strong assailant, with the cable quite possibly causing her injury.

A firearms instructor asked a woman friend of mine, "Will you have your purse in your hand or on your shoulder all the time?" I don't know about your wife, but most every woman I know will set her purse down every once in a while to do something that requires both hands. That steel cable wouldn't be much help in that case.

I'm a firm believer that if you're going to carry concealed, the gun had better be on your person every minute. But I was married three times, so I know better than to think you'll have the final say on this...