Mad max in new york city

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Sicilian13, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Sicilian13

Sicilian13 New Member

Its like mad max out here in new york.no power, no heat ,no water, atms are running out of money and now they are talking about stores running out of food....people are starting to loot and rob and thanks to the laws almost no one has away to protect themselves...thank god I do

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Hang in there, stay safe. I pray it is unnecessary for you to need to defend yourself, family or property.

3. orangello

orangello New Member

Sounds like a good time to stay INSIDE as much as possible.

After the mess with Katrina, i was amazed that people didn't all leave the area. :confused:

4. slog

slog New Member

I read in the news people started looting DURING the hurricane. They have the national guard around, and AFAIK they will shoot looters, right? Slim chance they'll be around while looting is occurring, though.

Take some OC spray with you to the gas station. Gas station fist fights are the popular news theme this morning.

5. astroman

astroman Supporting Member Supporter

This event should be a good reminder for the rest of us to be prepared for potential SHTF scenarios. Disasters can strike just about anywhere. Thank God I don't live in the a major metro area.

6. Moby

Moby New Member

My buddy works for Medicare fraud with the AG's office. He was deployed this morning to go guard government assistance trucks etc. If they deployed him to the east coast from Texas it must be getting a little dangerous back there.

This is yet another good reason all should get the Concealed Carry License.
    IF they start searching people for firearms and you don't have one your in jail with a bunch of stressed out dangerous people.

7. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

It sounds like it's a horrible mess out there. They've had people on the radio all morning that have lost everything, have nowhere to go, no money, no food, no way to travel. I really feel for you folks out there. Thank God it wasn't a category 5 storm.

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I do hope you had prepared yourself a little bit , sit tight , stand your ground , I hope everything works out the way its supposed to .

9. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

This is a prime example of what it will be like if the shtf. A crowded city is prime for disaster. Too many desperate people with too few resources. Most super markets only stock a 3 day supply of food. The people on Stanton Island are claiming they have been abandoned. But the New York Marathon will go on.

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Hmm guess that goes back to the cannibalism post I saw a few days ago :D. How far will it go ? I live in a very small town of 2800 people the one grocery store here could not handle a SHTF scenerio like they are experiencing on the east coast. Food supply on the shelves would be gone in literally 1 day its not that big of a grocery store . Our cabinets are jammed full all the time and that doesnt include the crap I have put away and both freezers jammed full also . We have a SHTF here Im good , im staying put and Im not leaving until we absolutely have to . Were self sufficient on power and I have fuel to make it go for weeks if need be . The locks on my doors or for trespassers protection , not mine !!!!

11. Sicilian13

Sicilian13 New Member

Now they are stealing gas out of parked cars and selling it

12. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

The part that amazes me, is that some are amazed people act like this.