machine guns/steel plates and RC cars

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by buildthedamnfence, Sep 21, 2011.

1. buildthedamnfence

buildthedamnfence New Member

i would like to make a large RC car with camaras on it..then put a bunch of steel plates on it then put a belt fed 30. cal on it (semi or full auto)..question is, is it legal?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

Not the safest or smartest of ideas but its legal if the machine gun is legal.

Consult a local attourney for state or federal regs im prolly not aware of.

I can see getting some interference with the radio signal and it turning and hosing you or someone else down... murphy is a damn fine shot when he pulls the trigger.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Lawyers are over on the law talk forum.

None of us passed the bar. Some of us are still IN the bar.

4. buildthedamnfence

it would be badass though, right?

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Yes, true. But I'm thinking not so smart!! :)

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

Yeah right up to the point you kill or injure someone or yourself. It would be pretty neat right up to that point. I just cant see it turning out well. Totally bad idea.

7. WDbeej

WDbeej New Member

Not to be rude or potentially inflame the situation, but .... ARE YOU SERIOUS? In what form of reality would anyone think that putting armor on a full sized remote controlled vehicle and then arming it with highly restricted class three firearms might not be just a little illegal?

I'm just asking.

8. buildthedamnfence

well then get me a shot of jack..you know for the road.

9. buildthedamnfence

the MG would be be class 3 legal

10. NativH

NativH New Member

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Fun, games, and sci-fi video game good times don't really mix well with FA weapons. This is real life, not fiction, and the implications will be very real life if something goes wrong. You could be living in Kansas for the rest of your life, or until you are a very old man.

11. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Have you worked out how that thing would handle FA recoil?

All in all, it sounds more like "jackass" than badass, to me...

There are major liability issues which put ideas like this real far down

on my projects list.

12. anm2_man

anm2_man Member

It would have to be as large as a full size JEEP - I think maybe to much "Sons of Guns" episodes. :eek:

13. moneymaker17

moneymaker17 New Member

ok yeah its cool, thats how people die, thats why gun laws are so damn strict. dont do that supid stuff.

rc car can flip while the trigger is down spraying bullets everywhere.
    its not safe

lol

14. eaglesnester

eaglesnester New Member

DON'T DO IT. The radio frequency channel you are using can be activated by spurious signals. You could end up with a deadly run away killing machine. I have seen this happen many many times with RC airplanes. When you receive a spurious signal airplanes usually crash because you lose control. These signals can effect throttle, elevator, rudder or any control surface at any time. What do you think would happen if you suddenly lost stearing to your platform and trigger control to the machine gun. You would have total kayos and mayham with the potential to kill yourself and any bystanders. TOTALY BAD IDEA get your head out of your *** for even thinking such a thing.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  15. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

The question of the machine gun is irrelevant. If it is opperated by a machine then it is a machine gun. If I hooked up a machine to a semi auto rifle that pulled the trigger for me, it is now a machine gun.... So good luck with that.

16. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

Also, this is not the greatest idea. I mean.. The military does it so you know it is impractical, dangerous, wasteful and probably stupid. I would leave it alone.

17. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I would need more intel to locate your coordinates to accomplish that...Oh hell, never mind!

I thought you said you wanted to be shot by Jack...my bad. :eek:

I will ignore that statement....:rolleyes: