Firearms Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I thought MACE was just a brand name of pepper spray.

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
Mace, but only because a sword is too long and cumbersome to carry...

·
Retired
13,590 Posts
Wasp spray allows you to stand further away.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
2,477 Posts
Seriously...neither without some good S/D or unarmed combat training to back it up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know a guy who is retired Special Forces and retired police officer. He now owns a school a for self defense training. While still on the job, he said during an arrest, he used pepper spray on a suspect and a gust of wind blew it back on him - not good. If you have someone on drugs pepper won't do a damn thing but "p" them off.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Yeah, I really don't understand using any of these sprays. Here in the Northwest it is extremely windy much of the year and I wouldn't trust it not affecting me as well. I'd rather give a woman a loud whistle for alerting nearby people.

That in combination with the word "rape" yelled will bring even the most ignorant self serving do nothings to the rescue. There are very few human beings whom will stand by idly without at least checking it out.

·
Supporting Member
2,130 Posts
.44 mag dipped in mace!!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
QFT...:cool:

Brake cleaner will work in a pinch too, a snootful of that is very unpleasant...:eek:

speaking from experience ...:eek:
I'd put a can of BPC against anything. I've never been hit with pepper spray or mace or whatever, but Jesus H Christ does BPC burn! It feels like there is a raging inferno in your eyes and there is NOTHING that can be done to alleviate it. So many times I've gotten a gust of wind or a ricochet off some under carriage part..... :mad:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fox labs 5.3 is one of the hotter OC sprays on the market. It is what my department carries and absolutely sucks to get hit with.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
A choice between mace and pepper spray ... :confused:
I just answered my own question earlier this morning when I put in for an order of WildFire 18% (as opposed to the 2%) pepper spray. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts