M70 Fixed Stock

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by PoofNoEyebrows, Feb 16, 2010.

1. PoofNoEyebrows

PoofNoEyebrows New Member

I was wondering if any one knew if a milled receiver butt stock would fit a Yugo, or at least could be made to mate up with the rear trunnion. I have three of these guys in bad need of some new furniture, but with Ironwood wanting 160.00 a pop and the long wait I was wondering if there where more options avail.

2. Tuner

Tuner New Member

Stock for Yugo

Have you looked at Boyds' stocks? Their JRS stock is available for the M48 Yugo and they are priced starting at $69 to about $96. They are laminated stocks that come in different colors and of traditional design. They are the only company I am aware of that makes an intermediate length stock for the M48 Yugo.

Hope this helps!

3. PoofNoEyebrows

PoofNoEyebrows New Member

Thanks for the idea. I did check out the site, but unfortunately these rifles are an AK variant much different then a traditional style rifle.

4. Tuner

Tuner New Member

M70 stock

After I sent that I realize I had a brain f...! My mind keyed on the Yugo not the model number and ASSUMED, and everyone knows what ASSUMING does!

5. RPK

RPK New Member

The Yugo m70 is not like any other ak47. It is the only ak that uses a thru bolt on both the stamped and milled receiver. Buttstocks can be hard to find, but, can be found. You'll have to look in the home builders forums. You could also check with rguns in Carpenterville, Illinois. They sometimes part out a virgin kit.

www.rguns.net

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010