M58 Pistol

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by flybuddy, Aug 10, 2013.

1. flybuddy

flybuddy New Member

Recently got this via a good deal going at J&G ($499). Read up beforehand and the only concerns were that it uses 5.56 instead of 7.62 and that it's hard to get mags for them. As I have both an AR and AK I already have a good amount of both 5.56 and 7.62 and I also found Mississippi Auto Arms had mags for them for $17.99 they're Tapcos but they fit well (better than the one mag provided).

Attached Files:

2. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

What was the final at your house price?

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

Nice gun. Congrats.

4. flybuddy

flybuddy New Member

No tax--think it was 16 bucks shipping and my LGS only charges 15 bucks for transfer. Right around $530.

5. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

Sweet deal man! How's she shooting

6. flybuddy

flybuddy New Member

Took my son to the range with it and it's a "blast" (pun intended). Although it actually might be too much of a blast. The short barrel, with no brake throws out a large flame and is much louder than anything I've ever shot. It was a weekend and there were ladies shooting that actually left the range. The shooters to either side of us moved. I've got a brake ordered. The sights are decent, it has almost no recoil and it shoots a reasonable group. P.S. Just noticed I had reversed the numbers in the title--this is an M85--the M92 is the 7.62 version of the same gun.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  7. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

That's awesome I've been wanting one for awhile! Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I'd rather buy the 7.62 for obvious reasons lol

8. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

J&G is Pretty "Local" to me,..about 40 mins. away. Although I have other GS's I shop at(that are closer), J&G & Davidsons has the best selection in this part of the state....just don't ask em for .22's....(Big SIGN on Counter "WE HAVE NO .22LR or .22WMR..."
    Love the Krinkov...but i'd have to put a sling and an "Arm Brace" on it if I expected to be accurate...

9. sharkcoasttactical

sharkcoasttactical New Member

Nice deal. Those eat the steel 223 ammo too like candy! Couple of the guys who work for me only shoot AK 223s..