M4A1 with M203 frag

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Airborne_Ranger, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Airborne_Ranger

Airborne_Ranger New Member

Would be bad *** with a shotgun attachment for blasting doors of the hinges for clearing houses..

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Didn't they do something like that on that Sons of Guns TV show? Some SWAT guy wanted a "keymaster" or something like that.

I think they underestimate the use of a polite knock followed by "Land Shark? Candygram?" etc.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Some things SOUND better than they are.

The 40mm Grenade launcher will not handle high pressures of a shotgun shell- the grenade uses a hi pressure/ low pressure launch, or it would blow barrel and receiver.

Back about 1967-68, we DID have cannister rounds for the M-79, but they did not really work all that well. Wanna see one?

40mm buckshot.jpg

4. Airborne_Ranger

Airborne_Ranger New Member

Dude i know what a 40mm Grenade launcher is all about..? Look at my name and pic.. I was talking about a new attachment and idk what sons of guns is.. I don't watch much tv. The only tv I watch is briefing messages.

5. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

Breaching shotguns are already in the system. If your breaching a building the shotgun is as good as a M4

6. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Are we talking about a Masterkey? It's basically a shotgun that can be attached to a rail system, which is usually done in the fashion of an M203 or a similar grenade launcher.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

M203, Masterkey, 40mm, KAC, Grenade Launcher keymaster, masterkey; i was close. I think that is the thing the Sons of Guns guys did a knock-off of on their show. It looks like more than i would want to carry in that situation.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

Shotgun under a carbine sounds like a good idea but whomever is assigned to use it is now having to lug around a huge monstrosity of a gun where a light fast carbine is really needed.

Much easier and safer to just use a door ram like they all use. Reason being how do you know the door isnt barricaded. The ram solves that.

Thats why you dont see it in use its about as practical as making semi trucks out of titanium.

9. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

They have breaching rounds for shotguns now so the guy with the shotgun doesnt have to carry a seperate weapon, but i have seen an M4 with a chopped 870 under the barrel tho.

10. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Not bad *** at all.

We were issued masterkeys and they, well lets just say that after their maiden op they spent the rest of their deployment under a bunk.

I will admit they had an initial "new toy, coolness factor" though. The pros just didn't outweigh the cons.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  11. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

"I'm just a dolphin ma'am"

12. CarlsbadRanger06

CarlsbadRanger06 New Member

Briefing messages?

Funny. I've been a Ranger for ten years and I've never received a "briefing message" on a television. Maybe it's because we're from different battalions.

What battalion were you in? I bet we know some of the same guys.....

13. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

The master key was a good idea. Basically just remove the stock of an 870 ( the receiver to stock hardware accepts a bracket made for the M4)

It's really cool in video games. The reality of the situation for those of us who know what breeching a structure is like is this:
    Anywhere you would find a use for a master key, an 870 would be ideal anyway. An M4 is a fine cq weapon but the more crap you attach to the more cumbersome it gets. Now you are carrying a designedlight rifle, with a heavy shotgun receiver in a very poor position. Reaching the trigger is a pita, and now instead of holding the rifle typically, you are clutching the fore-end of a shotgun much lower. Extra ammo is heavy.
    Personally, for forced entry where there are known assailants, 870 Police Magnum is my number one choice. I'll save the black rifle for a more open environment.