M44 questions

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by SmithKid308, Sep 5, 2011.

1. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

But any way I need 7.62x54r I cant find any ammo in any stores and I accidentally shot a .308 through my m44 any Thing that may come from this, and this is why I need the ammo is so that I need to know that the bolt closes and there's nothing in it becuase only half of the .308 casing came out it looked like a .380 casing came out of my rifle :/ need help fast

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Sounds like you have a separated cartridge casing. You do not need more ammo. If you shot a .308 in the rifle, you need to get it to a gunsmith. Besides the bit of ruptured casing that looks to still be in the chamber, you MAY have done damage to the bolt/ locking lugs. Headspace will be totally wrong on a .308.

IF the rest of the gun is OK, a ruptured shell extractor will usually pull the casing. Any decent sized local gun shop should have the right ammo, and it is easy enuff to order on line- My UPS guy is still not speaking to me after the last order.

3. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

All of the gun is ok but that casing is still in there and I can't get it out and the thing is I tried to get it out with an extractor and I'm gonna get my dad to loan me his car to go to Allen Ky thats the closet gunsmith it sucks I let a .308 fall in my box of 7.62x54r rookie mistake

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  4. unclebear

unclebear New Member

5. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

Ok thanks for the tip on the corrosive ammo