M200 practice blanks.

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by TankTop, Feb 22, 2015.

1. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

I saw these and thought it might be cool to do certain types of training with them. The only issue is they are 1/4 shorter than a standard .223/5.56 round, is there a specific magazine or adapter needed to make them feed properly other than the barrel adapter?

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Standard military blank for M16 M4, etc.

Overall length is shorter, but does not matter. Regular magazines.

What DOES matter is the BFA- Blank Firing Attachment. Yes, It does trap enough gas to cycle the action.

More importantly, it breaks up the gas flow to REDUCE (not eliminate) the projectile hazard from the blank. There have been injuries and fatalities associated with very close range blank fire.

bfa.jpg

3. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

That **** is messy.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

Having fired thousands of blanks through m16's m60's m249's i would never fire one of those things through a gun i owned. The blank adapters bugger the hell out of a muzzle and blanks gum everything up badly. Takes hours to clear the gun of that crap and you prolly wont get it all and start wondering why your rifle doesnt work as well as it used to.

5. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

If you have a malfunctioning gas system, blanks will surely make it worse. In a DI system, they eff up the BCG with carbon something fierce, even worse than Russian steel ammo. Pretty rough on the troops when you gotta have em white glove clean when you turn the weapon in. Not so much so in a piston system. One of the plusses of the pistons. I got a bunch at home- I just use them to test fire a piston build when I am done with it. 3 rounds just to test the cyclic action. My version of fireworks.:shooting: :D But Jon is right. Most AR's will get seriously clogged with carbon using blanks, about 200 rounds worth for one mag of blanks. If you have never used them, don't. If you actually have some training to do with them, you will need MILES gear, a laser system that costs many thousands of dollars. Don't mean to burst your bubble, just giving you facts to make an informed decision.

6. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

7. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

No magazine adapter or device other than the blank adapter is required. Worn magazine spring or a malfunction in gas system will be more evident with blanks than with regular ammo. /