M1Garand

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by paul, Sep 11, 2009.

1. paul

paul New Member

What's a preferred, straight to the point, user friendly website on the M1, I am wanting to "doll" a rifle from cmp. Also, I have a M1 stock that I want to completely strip and refinish.

While I have your attention, how do you "break in" a new AR-15 barrel, chrome lined?

2. paul

paul New Member

M1 Carbines 30 cal

I'm looking for websites offering free/user friendly information on M1 carbines. I'm aware of Scott Duff's books, $29.95 is more than what I want to pay on information found in the library and other resources. Not to knock Mr. Duff's books by no means, he's a respected author. I ended up selling the Garand I spoke of last time. Made a friend out of the deal and I have another rifle just as nice, gotta love those service grades.:)

3. duallydondon

duallydondon New Member

Garand stuff

Wenig stocks are available in several grades of walnut,,,plus 17 or 18 different color of laminated wood,,,ammogarand.com has many garand parts at a reasonable price, I have a new Springfield 1952 barrel if you want to buy one,,,Brownells seems to be the best place to buy wood finishing products,,,Boyds stocks are a good value,,,I had to do quite a bit of fitting on the last finished stock I bought from them,,,Schuffs Parkerizing does outstanding work and some smithing to boot. Columbus Machine works on gas cylinders and rods Hope I helped.

4. paul

paul New Member

M1 Garand

:)You know I've decided to get a $895.00 CMP Garand. Maybe the $995.00 one. It'll be the Springfield, what I like, I do appreciate websites sent, laminated stocks get my attention, might invest in a set for "looks", :)