M14/m1a

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by laynejc, Mar 30, 2011.

1. laynejc

laynejc New Member

Here is what I bought (possibly stole for the price) today. Got everything in the picture. The m14/M1A is such and addicting rifle. Since this is my 3rd in as many weeks I think I am going to have to treat the wife. :D

Attached Files:

2. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Muahahahahaah!!!!!!!!!!!! You are off to a GREAT start.

Tell me about that spare barrel. And what did you pay for it all?

And can you post a close up of that Vortex?

3. laynejc

laynejc New Member

SAK 7791362-8-72-8068808 is the numbers on it, there is barely visable NM on the barrel. :D The receiver is an enterprise arms :( , but it is together and it shoots sooooo.....thats a plus. $1500.00 for all.

Attached Files:

4. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Great deal!

Find someone to check the TE/MW on that Saco Lowell NM barrel. Has it been mounted? Let's see some chamber end pics (Not blurry this time, please:p).

How are the mags marked?

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

It sounds like a great deal to me, especially if those are 200rd. battle packs in the green pouches.

6. laynejc

laynejc New Member

They are south african 140 rnd battle packs.

7. laynejc

laynejc New Member

the barrel was originally on the gun, he said he changed it because he was going to build the rifle, he said he had put about 400rnds through it. Definatly gonig to have it checked out and possibly reinstalled. The mags are "asain" according to him, and they do bind if fully loaded, with about 15 they feed fine. Do you know where I can get 12 cmi springs? Didnt really want to part with the $, wanting to concentrate on the LRB (going with the 22") but with everything that came with it and the price it was easy to do. my camera sucks so the blur is just there :( , but it is clear in places

Attached Files:

8. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Just get the Wolff springs. Odds are that you will get a few of those mags to work. If they are old ChiComs you will be GTG. The REAL Taiwanese Type 57's are bright blued, and hard to get these days.

44Mag.com sells the CMI re-build kits. Spring, follower, floorplate.