M11/9mm

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Transman, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Transman

Transman New Member

I've just aqquired this mean,black,beast of a gun,and have been researching the history of the various manufacturers.I plan on shooting it this weekend and am wondering if there is anything in particular I should look out for.

2. KingTiger

KingTiger Member

Make sure your buffer is OK, mine disintegrated on the first round. Check the welds for cracks and make sure none of the assembly holes are not elongated. Mine is a SWD made in Atlanta in 1986 that I bought 2 years ago NIB.

[​IMG]

3. Transman

Transman New Member

Mine is also a SWD,but I'm thinking 82,83,and has been stored for many years,was never shot much.The buffer had crumbled apart,so I bought some new ones from MPA.I shot it for the first time this past Sun.Drew a repremand from the range master for rapid fire,this thing was a blast!

4. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

A repremand for rapid fire?? Could you explaine this a little as I'm a little confused. What did he determin was "rapid fire" and why was it a problem? this I have just GOT to hear. I'm all ears.

5. KingTiger

KingTiger Member

I'm curious about this also. :confused:

I thought all rounds from a machine gun are "rapid fire". Although I can pull singles & doubles pretty easily with the Lage upper.

The selector switch on the left side of my lower has "SEMI" & "SMG" selections on it. It stays on the SMG setting. ;)

6. Transman

Transman New Member

My M11 is a semi auto only,and the indoor range that I frequent has a rule of 1 round per sec.I guess I just got carried away with 32 rounds and the quickness that this thing will shoot.I pretty much ate the center torso out of the target in just a few seconds!

7. N.D.

N.D. New Member

I have 2 I bought new in 90' in semi auto made by SWD a real blast to shoot too ; I'm not sure what the year of MFG was, but mine do not have any synthetic buffers in em though.
    Yours looks way cooler than mine!
    (as we here in Mi. are not allowed to install a front pistol grip or a folding or fixed butt stock on any pistol nor are we allowed to buy or posses a short barreled rifle or shotgun)

8. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

One round per second? :eek: By chance do they have a reason why they have this silly rule? :confused: Myself, I practice double taps and body armor drills that place three rounds in well under 2 seconds. I suppose they would admonish me for firing to fast. This is just my opinion but I would not shoot there if I was practicing personal protection. I know that was not what you were doing but the rule is still dumb in my opinion.

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Apparently you have never been on a range with gangsta wannabees. they can give "spray and pray" a whole new meaning. Many if not most ranges have similar rules. Too many dumb azzes shooting over the berms and into the ceiling. If you want to bump fire or otherwise waste a bunch of bullets, you need to do it in an appropriate setting, like an open 600 acre tract so you do not endanger other people or their property.

Yes a properly trained person utilizing proper technique can easily keep multiple rounds in the intended target on full auto. There are too many untrained idiots with no technique that simply want to make a bunch of noise and don't care about others.

I took a call near a former outdoor range where a passing motorist caught a round through the windshield, through the rear view mirror, out the back glass and off the tailgate. Dumbazz at the range let loose with a full 30 mag from a semi-auto AK as fast as he could pull the trigger while on the 100 yard line. Many of those bullets went right over the berm headed straight toward US 290 about a mile away. Design flaw in the range made the impact area potentially right on a 4 lane divided highway. $hit head shooter packed up and went home before I could get there so I could not ID him. The range owner took the hit because he did not have a safety officer on duty. Just lucky it was only property damage.

10. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Actually no I haven't been on the range with a bunch of gangsta wanabees so don't know anything about that. I do have issue with making a rule that is designed for a small handful of people that affects the majority of shooters.
    This is bull **** IMO, if someone starts to spray and pray the range officer steps in and stops them and if necessary removes them from the range. By making a rule like this not shooting more than one round in one second rule you must enforce it on everyone or all of the range rules have no teeth. If you have a self defense class or LEO's training you can't not enforce the rule because when you because a rule not enforced weakens all rules. The chain is only as strong as its weakest link you break one link and the chain is worthless. I believe in following the rules of whatever I am doing because that is the type of person I am, but I also express my opinion when I feel rules are unfair and penalize the majority because of the minority. I don't believe in being politically correct because I might hurt the feeling of someone to me it's plain and simple "cowboy up" MF.

11. MB44

MB44 New Member

Bull**** it is indeed,.... by enforcing this, you have reduced your rights to own guns to a nice sport, as there is no way you would be able to practice real life scenarios. But on the other hand, yes, you do somehow want to avoid that the gangsta-wannabe's get a lead party going on....

12. KingTiger

KingTiger Member

Transman - You should become a member at Creekside. They have two areas for members only where there is no rate of fire limitations. You can also draw from a holster & shoot while on the move. This is where they hold their training classes, which are quite extensive & reasonably priced.

Home

13. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

The 1 second rule is a bullsh*t rule, but I don't blame the range for having it at all. If people can't conduct themselves safely at a public range, it is the ranges responsibility to step in.

14. Westy

Westy New Member

Nice looking gun. Does the fake suppressor actually quiet it down ?