M11/9 SMG .22 conversion kit

Discussion in 'NFA/Class 3 & FFL Discussion' started by gunsmokeer, Jul 5, 2008.

1. gunsmokeer

gunsmokeer New Member

Does anybody have any recent experience with the Fleming .22 conversion kit for the Cobray or MAC M11/9, MAC-10, and similar weapons?
    This is the replacement barreled upper that uses Ruger 10/22 magazines feeding in through the side. Here's a link. www.subcal.com
    www.subcalmarketing.com

I had one years ago, and it was junk. I returned it with an angry letter and they gave me my money back. But I still like the idea of such a kit. I just want the darn thing to be properly machined and polished so that it will work. I see they're on the market again, for twice the price that I paid 15 years ago. Maybe for the higher price they've built them right? I'm almost ready to take the chance again. Has anybody else?

2. Righteous

Righteous New Member

Thats a interesting idea but I have never heard of anybody using those what so ever. Pretty expensive compared to other upper conversions for the MAC-10, Think I stick with the 9mm since its still priced right.

3. KingTiger

KingTiger Member

Here's a dissertation on folks trying to get their Fleming kits running - good luck - doesn't sound like much has changed for the better.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31476&highlight=fleming

I've been on the waiting list for about 8 months for a .22 conversion kit for my Lage upper that will use a barrel insert. I think they're about to start beta testing the mags for it shortly. I think they'll be 40 rounds. I just wish they'd hurry up before bad things possibly happen in November. Richard Lage will not release a product before it runs 110% however.

4. hkusp45

hkusp45 New Member

I think Richard Lage has a .22 kit either in the works or for sale now. His products are top notch and worth a look!

5. MrM4

MrM4 New Member

Check out the uzitalk.com site, Richard Lage of Lage Manufacturing has one that will coming out soon as will the Practical Solutions Conversion.