M10-762 or AK47 WASR 10?

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by PanBaccha, Jul 31, 2012.

1. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

M10 -762 or AK47 WASR 10? What's the difference between these two rifles, as both are made in Romania? :confused:

2. nfafan

nfafan Member

From what I've seen at funshows, the M&M folks hold Cugir to a slightly higher build standard than what Century does for WASRs. That plus a different FSB and gas-tube than WASRs use.

3. BerettaGuy138

BerettaGuy138 New Member

I own the m10 m&m gun shoots awesome not one complaint I have about it! I paid $599.00 at turners outdoors definitely would not be disappointed if you get one!

4. BodySnatcher

BodySnatcher New Member

I too have a M-10. No jams, over 1,200 rounds through it. Do get a buffer.

Very accurate (for my expectations of the AK platform) on the 8" gong out to 300 yards.

5. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Wasrs are cheap in price and build, but I still love mine. I paid only $425 for it and had only one ftf and that was because of a warn out mag spring along with the lacquer coated casing. The furniture is horrible on the wasr but I fixed my for $15, the main choice is how much do you want to spend.

ForumRunner_20120808_154241.jpg

6. nfafan

nfafan Member

Agree except for the recoil buffer; 8 times out of 10 they cause short-stroke and light Fpin strikes, you'll be ejecting rounds wondering why you are single shot. BTDT. Luckily, they are soft enough you can trim it and try it, until it behaves as desired.

7. fivefourfiveX39

fivefourfiveX39 New Member

I would recommend a WASR brother but please make shure it's a GP WASR10/63 they are made a lot better than the traditional WASR10 junk the new ones like mine have zero canted sights straight gas tubes matching parts and parts are brand new except the trunnion of course, as well they are made with leftover military grade parts the regular WASR is just rejected, commercial are parts. as well the new ones also have the X and Y rivet indentations to provide better strength to the receiver. GOD BLESS