Firearms Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded the WWII era US Army training film on the positions used to shoot the M1 Garand rifle, enhanced the audio and video a bit. Added some music and worked on the transitions a bit. I did this in honor of, and in memory, of the men who used the Garand to defeat the enemies of freedom.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg-4V6BXISw]M1 Garand Rifle Shooting Position Training Video - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
You just have to be rubbing in this whole Garand thing dont you? :(:p

·
Banned
10,243 Posts
You just have to be rubbing in this whole Garand thing dont you? :(:p
Don't worry Trez, you'll find that Garand some day. Have you tried gunbroker, gun auctions, Garand collector forums/sites, ect?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trez, not sure where you are located, but have you consider purchasing a Garand through the Civilian Marksmanship Program?

This is where all my Garands have come from.

In face, just to show you how crazy this addiction can be. I purchased three "Collector Grades" from a guy who is so into Garands he got rid of those in order to generate funds to acquire...ready for this? World War II Garands, still in the original shipping wrapping...yes, mint/unissued WWII era Garands.

Yes, it is a very serious addiction!

:)

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Trez, not sure where you are located, but have you consider purchasing a Garand through the Civilian Marksmanship Program?

This is where all my Garands have come from.

In face, just to show you how crazy this addiction can be. I purchased three "Collector Grades" from a guy who is so into Garands he got rid of those in order to generate funds to acquire...ready for this? World War II Garands, still in the original shipping wrapping...yes, mint/unissued WWII era Garands.

Yes, it is a very serious addiction!

:)
I really wish I could buy one from the CMP.... But I really want a International Harvester one, and they seem to be the only ones the CMP doesnt carry :( :(
Got to have the matching rifle for my Scout!!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I really wish I could buy one from the CMP.... But I really want a International Harvester one, and they seem to be the only ones the CMP doesnt carry :( :(
Got to have the matching rifle for my Scout!!
Why does it have to be International Harvester? Do you like their "stalks" or something? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Why does it have to be International Harvester? Do you like their "stalks" or something? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.
There "stalks" are great... I figure they've been "Harvesting internationally" so they live up to their name :p

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why are you particularly interested in Harvesters? Just curious.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Why are you particularly interested in Harvesters? Just curious.
Just because I want the "matching" rifle for my trucks.. I have a '73 IH pickup and Scout... They seem to the the only autos I cant break...
Besides what other company made trucks, tractors, and guns? (Plus a bunch of other stuff..) :p

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have a Springfield, H&R, and an International Harvester........all came from the CMP.........the IH came from the old CMP that the army ran.......luck of the draw!

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I have a Springfield, H&R, and an International Harvester........all came from the CMP.........the IH came from the old CMP that the army ran.......luck of the draw!
You %#@&#^!! :p:D

I expect some pics!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts