M1 Garand Shooting Positions Training Video

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Amsdorf, May 11, 2012.

1. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

I downloaded the WWII era US Army training film on the positions used to shoot the M1 Garand rifle, enhanced the audio and video a bit. Added some music and worked on the transitions a bit. I did this in honor of, and in memory, of the men who used the Garand to defeat the enemies of freedom.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg-4V6BXISw]M1 Garand Rifle Shooting Position Training Video - YouTube[/ame]

2. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

You just have to be rubbing in this whole Garand thing dont you? :(:p

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Don't worry Trez, you'll find that Garand some day. Have you tried gunbroker, gun auctions, Garand collector forums/sites, ect?

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  4. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I know... Its just Im such a picky SOB... (and poor..) :p

5. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

Trez, not sure where you are located, but have you consider purchasing a Garand through the Civilian Marksmanship Program?

This is where all my Garands have come from.

In face, just to show you how crazy this addiction can be. I purchased three "Collector Grades" from a guy who is so into Garands he got rid of those in order to generate funds to acquire...ready for this? World War II Garands, still in the original shipping wrapping...yes, mint/unissued WWII era Garands.

Yes, it is a very serious addiction!

:)

6. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I really wish I could buy one from the CMP.... But I really want a International Harvester one, and they seem to be the only ones the CMP doesnt carry :( :(
    Got to have the matching rifle for my Scout!!

7. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

Oh, get over it and just buy one already.

: )

8. tCan

tCan Active Member

Why does it have to be International Harvester? Do you like their "stalks" or something? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

9. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

10. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

There "stalks" are great... I figure they've been "Harvesting internationally" so they live up to their name :p

11. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

Why are you particularly interested in Harvesters? Just curious.

12. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Just because I want the "matching" rifle for my trucks.. I have a '73 IH pickup and Scout... They seem to the the only autos I cant break...
    Besides what other company made trucks, tractors, and guns? (Plus a bunch of other stuff..) :p

13. Amsdorf

Amsdorf New Member

Cool, that would be awesome.

14. xring3

xring3 Member

I have a Springfield, H&R, and an International Harvester........all came from the CMP.........the IH came from the old CMP that the army ran.......luck of the draw!

15. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

You %#@&#^!! :p:D

I expect some pics!!