M&P40 Trigger...

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by DTOM97, May 5, 2013.

1. DTOM97

DTOM97 New Member

I've had my .40 since December and I still can't get used to that damned trigger. Anybody have any techniques? I've always shot 1911's so it's a big change of triggers.

2. Squawk

Squawk New Member

How many rounds have you put through it downrange?

3. DTOM97

DTOM97 New Member

Probably around 300.

4. nicklarimore

nicklarimore New Member

Get the fss kit from apex tactical, I have shot a 9 with this trigger and its amazing. I have to settle with the competition aek kit though so my m&p stays in the production class.

5. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Put about 700 more downrange. You will get used to it better and the trigger will break in a bit. I have about 1500 down my M&P VTAC 9mm and it took about 500-700 for me to get used to the feel of the M&P trigger.

6. DTOM97

DTOM97 New Member

I'll think about that when I can actually aquire some more ammo... Maybe whem obummer is gone I will.

7. danolator

danolator New Member

Apex trigger kit solves your issue now and is way cheaper than 500 rounds of ammo.

8. DTOM97

DTOM97 New Member

How much for one of those?

9. danolator

danolator New Member

Got mine for $90. If you can't do the work yourself, it will probably cost you $40-60 to have a Smith install it.

10. nicklarimore

nicklarimore New Member

I installed mine as well. Not very hard at all, apex has some videos on YouTube on how to install.

11. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

I put the APEX Duty Kit in my .45. Took the pull from 8 lbs to 4 1/4 lbs. Super easy to install worth the money spent. Also added the APEX extractor. I had about 1500 rounds through mine before doing the work. It never really lighted up on the pull but the gritty pull did go away. If its pull weight that's bugging you, that won't get any better without a kit. I have seen posts about guys doing some polishing on the internals that made a big difference too. Hope this helps.

12. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

+1 on the FSS kit from Apex. I'm a 1911 kinda guy too, and this kit is the closest you're gonna get. I put one in my Pro, along with their RAM kit and it is truly a night and day difference.

13. DTOM97

DTOM97 New Member

Should I get the duty or comp version?

14. danolator

danolator New Member

If you are going to carry the weapon, then get the duty. The competition version is hairpin and, in my opinion, not a good carry option.

15. nicklarimore

nicklarimore New Member

Just so there is no confusion, there are three options from apex: duty AEK (5-7#), competition AEK (2-3#), and the FSS kit. The AEKs make the trigger smoother and crisper, the FSS kit reduces take up along with the the other things the AEK kits do. The FSS will get you the closest to the 1911 trigger.

16. danolator

danolator New Member

Thanks for the clarity. There were only two options when I installed mine.

17. nicklarimore

nicklarimore New Member

No prob, I love mine and their cs is great I called to clarify the instructions and they were very helpful.