M&p22

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by 97cobra, Oct 15, 2011.

1. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

I was looking into a .22 caliber pistol for cheap shooting and a nice way to introduce my fiancé into the handgun world. I was looking at the M&P22 because I'm buying myself a 10mm glock and I want have a m&p also to see which I like the best for future purchases after my colt 1911. In my reviews and research I saw that they were single action whereas the other m&p models were double action.

Are the .22s truly single action or am I missing something?

Any other input of nice .22lr pistols would be helpful.

2. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

No you're not missing anything. It is indeed single action. The M&P22 is very different compared to it's bigger brothers. But they designed it to be that way. If you're really considering it, you're not making a bad choice. As far as 22's go it's a solid pick. Very dependable, easy to shoot, and super easy to maintain. If you're looking for information there is a ton all over the web but here are the basics:
    .22LR
    striker fired
    single action
    12+1 version and a 10+1 version
    24 oz. weight
    manufactured by Walther in Germany

Hope that helps. :)

3. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

It does help. Im looking for one that's easily maintained. .

4. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

Which has a better reputation, m&p22 or the walther p22?

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

My opinion is that the M&P .22 will be the better choice. Ive had a couple of friends that had the walther p22 and they would jam up on them all the time

6. 97cobra

97cobra New Member

I heard of jams with them. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with the m&p22 so I can kinda get a feel for m&ps.