M&p15-22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by kjbcruz12, Jul 17, 2014.

1. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

Besides the typical magpul and other furniture, what else can you do to .22 AR's?

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Wow I don't even know where to Start,...triggers, optics, iron sights, lights, Extended Mags,..Foregrips of all types,...improved barrels,..pretty much just about every thing you'd do with any Centerfire AR,...I have even seen exchangeable knobs for a scope based on 3 bullet weights,..(BSA Sweet 22)...The S&W MP-15/22 is about the best Dedicated example of a Rimfire AR,..with the Mossberg somewhat behind, but only because of the "Blockiness" of the rear portion of the stock. A good alternative for folks with more then one AR already is to get a Complete 22LR Upper like the CCMG,..

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

3. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1405619179.479272.jpg
    I know about the basic stuff: flips ups, iron sights, grips, optics and that **** like I said "basic furniture". I already have most of the basics. I'm just having fun with this till I finish my big boy build (the built spikes lower receiver under the .22)

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Well you can start with the Colt/Walther M4-22! It's a great option instead of S&W or Mossberg as it looks and feels much more like the real thing. I'm not knocking the S&W, internally it's more like an AR, at least the FCG (which means upgraded triggers are an option.)

5. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

Well I already have the S&W. I wanted to put a spikes zombie lower on it but I don't see that as being possible

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Sorry, the S&W upper and other dedicated uppers won't work on a real AR lower. But as has been mentioned there are .22lr uppers designed to pin on a true AR lower. Of course they cost as much as the S&W M&P15-22

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  7. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

Yeah I tried putting my .22 upper on my Spikes lower. Didn't work. But I'm not gonna get a dedicated .22 upper just for it. That's why I got the M&P15-22 to begin with

8. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo New Member

9. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

Where, I'm not seeing too much.

10. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I put a CMC single stage 3.5 lb trigger in mine and it like a whole other rifle.

11. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

Really that much of a difference? I bet that cost over half of what your rifle cost lol

12. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

$185. It makes shooting very fast and the reset is so short. After putting this one in the 15-22 I picked up a Timney 3lb for my full-size M&P15. Another very solid trigger.

13. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1405968781.283109.jpg
    How do u put a muzzle break on this?

14. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

What else is there to do exterior wise?

15. Ibmikey

Ibmikey Member

My 15-22 is scoped and shoots any thing I put in it, the accuracy is acceptable for a plinker out to 100 yards....My DPMS dedicated .22 lr rifle will accept most AR accessories and has the correct weight and operation of an m-4. The DPMS uses a standard lower but the upper is dedicated and the good thing is a 1/16 twist for the rimfire ammo, much better than trying to stabilize them in a standard AR 1/7 barrel. Both rifles are almost more fun than shooting cans and dirt clods are allowed to be, throw in a .223 AR ( or two---or five.... or more) to maximize the shooting experience.

16. Mercator

Mercator New Member

It won't make any difference other that trapping dirt. As to how, threading the muzzle if the barrel size allows, or putting on an external shroud.

17. Ibmikey

Ibmikey Member

I have close to twenty AR's including a DPMS dedicated .22 llr and my 15-22. I try to keep the rifles light as my old muscles groan a with every bit of weight that I add to the rifle. With that in mind the 15-22 (Magpul edition) sometimes wears an Eotec, sometimes a 1x4.5 scope but most often open sights ....and the soda cans and dirt clods just melt in front of it's devastating fire. I keep it simple for MY fun, others will gain fun in other ways but the 15-22 is always there to do it's part.

18. CrunchyFrog

CrunchyFrog Member

Send it to Innovative Arms to hush it up:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZp5xe963w0[/ame]

19. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I really don't see the point of a silencer on a 22lr. Using CCI standard velocity ammo I can hear the bolt hitting the stop on my 10/22. I might add the 10/22 isn't as noisy.