M&p ts

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Mule659, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Mule659

Mule659 New Member

I'm ordering a new AR within the next week...mainly just because I need a new work rifle. I have a build I did in 6.8 spc but they won't allow me to carry anything other than a 5.56/.223. I also have am ACR enhanced...but do not want to carry a rifle with that much money tied into it at work. So...I'm considering the M&P TS. The price at LE rate is $1097 and it appears to have some great options on it. Just curious if anyone on here has one?

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Well at that price the Colt LE6920 is the standard for a patrol/duty rifle. The S&W is good though. What included options are you referring to?

3. Mule659

Mule659 New Member

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

Since you already have a 6.8 why not just get a reallllllly good upper for the lower you have now??

I would recommend a bcm chf of some sort and a bcm bolt carrier group and a bcm gunfighter medium handle.

5. Mule659

Mule659 New Member

Because per policy I have to have a factory matching rifle. No personal builds (another reason I can't carry the 6.8). Since I built my lower I won't be able to go that route...had already thought of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

That's really retarded...

In that case I would contact bcm and see if they will send you a lower. Either that or get a colt.

S&W are great plinkers not something I would bet my life on.

Odds are you will never need it but if you do....

7. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

9. samnev

samnev New Member

I have the S&W MP 15TS and it has never given me a single problem in the 2 years I have been shooting it. It is one of my favorite AR's.

10. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Mule if you can get a discount like on the M&P on others like Daniel Defense there rifles run around the same retail. I like the M&P line and had one but when your stepping up in price might as well look at others too.