M&P shield Purchase

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by blurrnaway, Dec 20, 2013.

1. blurrnaway

blurrnaway New Member

Hey everyone, new here to the forum and just want to say hello and tell you a little about how I got my shield.

I started off with a SD9VE and love it, the trigger pull is heavy but overall great gun with a good price point. My dream gun that I have been wanting for a while is a shield 9mm. Yesterday I finally decided I would buy one, being from New Hampshire I had a few different gun stores around my area so I called 10 different stores but everyone was sold out and I was told that the wait would be into February.

This morning I woke up to an email from one of the stores and the manager had informed me they just received shipment and I better come asap if I wanted one. :D:D:D:D So I headed over and picked mine up for $399.95! Happy about my purchase!

(Don't mind the finger print smudges/oil on it, cleaned her right after the picture!)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  2. magnumman

magnumman New Member

Nice find. I haven't heard anything but good things about the shield. Let us know how she shoots

3. jamesfd52

jamesfd52 New Member

Just picked mine up as well. Yesterday as a matter of fact. Only 50 rounds down range and love it. Have fun and be safe. ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1387935523.450196.jpg

4. SB777

SB777 New Member

Enjoy your new find. I've had one for about ten months now and ran about 1,000 rounds through without any problems.

5. JW357

JW357 New Member

Nice gun. Congrats.

6. G30USMC

G30USMC New Member Supporter

Congrats on the addition !

7. blurrnaway

blurrnaway New Member

Nice!! I hit 400 rounds yesterday at the range and she is still firing perfectly. Ordered this holster but was told it would be at my house in 2 weeks 4 days :mad: http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/MiniTuck.aspx

8. jamesfd52

jamesfd52 New Member

Try alien holster. I have reviewed them and watched a few youtubes. They are half the money and half the ship time. Think that's what I'm gonna get

9. blurrnaway

blurrnaway New Member

Cancelled my crossbreed order and have an alien holster on the way! Thanks for the suggestion.

Also, I now have 700 bullets through the shield and it is performing flawlessly! Extremely accurate and feels very comfortable.

10. Fred_G

Fred_G Member

Got my Shield today. Hope the range is open Tuesday.

11. blurrnaway

blurrnaway New Member

Congrats! you will absolutely love it!

12. Fred_G

Fred_G Member

It does shoot well. Not thrilled with the safety... Pondering options on that. But otherwise a great gun.

13. clearsights

clearsights New Member

What is your concern with the safety?

14. Fred_G

Fred_G Member

It is tiny, and hard to take off, compared to others. Would rather have the gun with no manual safety. One less thing to deal with. I keep in a holster that covers the trigger, so I don't need a safety.

15. Squawk

Squawk New Member

I think I'm the only person who didn't like their Shield. Maybe I didn't give it enough time. Since I sold it, I have become a 1911 snob and will carry nothing else for the rest of my life. Plus, if I shoot someone, (hopefully I will never have to) I want .45 ACP going at him/her. Not 9 littlemeter or .40 Short & Weak.

16. clearsights

clearsights New Member

I used the shield for awhile and kept it in the same condition - the safety off. It's a pretty great gun for almost everyone who tries it though. I know anyone I let shoot it loved it.

17. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Use the safety to holster it and then flick it off.

18. Fred_G

Fred_G Member

Inspirational. But why not a .308 or .50?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  19. Fred_G

Fred_G Member

Would prefer it not to have a safety at all. That Murphy dude...

If they had made it like a 1911 safety, no problem.

20. blurrnaway

blurrnaway New Member

What did you not like about yours specifically?