m&p sheild

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by bones72, Apr 14, 2012.

1. bones72

bones72 New Member

I have been looking on YouTube about this new gun ... Can't wait to see on and check it out ... I really like the m&p line of weapons think this will be a great on also .... Maybe my next purchase?????

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I agree I have a 9C and I'm thinking about picking up two 9mm Shields. One for the wife's EDC and one for me as a summer carry.

3. Donn

Donn Active Member

Saw/handled one at a gun show yesterday. Shorter, skinnier than my Compact 9, single stack mag will make it lighter and easier to conceal. Would've bought it on the spot, but the lawn mower crapped out Friday. A new machine comes first.

4. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I'm thanking about getting two. Just because I have always wonted twins.

5. bones72

bones72 New Member

That's good news .. what I was thinking about easier to conceal for summer carry ... Did anyone notice about how much they cost ????

6. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Both the 9mm and .40 was listed at $450

7. Oblivion9

Oblivion9 New Member

Gunstore locally had one for $380.

8. levelcross

levelcross New Member

I just saw one listed for $370, with two mags. I gotta get a better look at one.

9. Polygon

Polygon New Member

I put one on layaway at Bud's. I'm tired of the problems I'm having with my PM9. I'm still going to try and fix the Kahr, but I'm tempted to sell it and have some extra money. We'll see when the Shield gets here and I get the PM9 cycling consistently.

10. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Bought it!

I just came home with my new M&P Shield 9mm. I paid the full price of $449. I'm going to run it through its paces at the range on Tues morning. I'm still waiting on the XDs-45 and my hope is that those two will comprise my full-time carry options and render my Kel-Tec PF9 obsolete. The PF9 has zero failures and is accurate enough, but just not much fun to shoot. So it'll stay until its been clearly replaced.

I'll post pics and a report on the Shield once it's been worked over a bit.

First impressions:

Likes- Decent enough capacity, very slim, solid trigger, feels very shootable. Good size. About 10% bigger than my PF9, but better finish and feels more "shootable".

Dislikes- Mags don't easily drop free, but that might improve with reps and a little tuning. The grip is a little long with the 8rd extension, and a little short with the standard 7rd. Maybe 7rd with a Pearce-type extension would be ideal if it becomes available.

11. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Can't wait to see your range report on it. I'm impatient and I don't want to wait for mine. I'll get mine in a couple of weeks once I pay off the layaway. Very interested in putting it head to head with my PM9 once I get it sorted.

12. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Jump on it at that price. You'll almost certainly sell it for a profit if you don't love it.

13. smoooth308

smoooth308 New Member

Anybody know if these are going to be available in kommiefornia? And for that matter the xds as well?

14. onetuza

onetuza New Member

+1 on the Pearce-type extension. Demand creates supply. Please contact Pearce as I did, and ask them to make one for the Shield. There is strength in numbers.

15. bones72

bones72 New Member

16. nickel1911

nickel1911 New Member

James Yeager has a good review on the s&w shield on YouTube. Worth checking out

17. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I saw one at my LGS and it felt really good. Slim grip and nice adjustable 3 dot sights. He was at $425 on it.