M&P problem?

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by AFerree, Dec 2, 2013.

1. AFerree

AFerree New Member

I recently bought some Federal HST HP in 124gr, while loading it into the gun I noticed the rim of the brass was to large for the space between the extractor and the block for the firing pin. When ever the gun cycles, the slide will move forward, catch the brass, almost jam, but then go into battery. Is this a ammo problem, gun problem, or a mix of both? Could their be a way to adjust the extractor spacing?

2. j4454

j4454 New Member

An M&P9? I have the same gun and ran the same ammo before I switched to Winchester bonded. Ran just fine for me. Pictures may help.

Have you actually shot it? Or are you just loading and observing? The only way to know is shot shot shot...then shot some more

3. AFerree

AFerree New Member

It's a 9mm, and no, I have not shot the round through it yet, but I was planning to do so soon. Just loading and observing, but it didn't seem to run as well like other ammo I've loaded through it.

4. j4454

j4454 New Member

I'm no gun smith so I'm not going to guarantee something won't go wrong but it's a tool ya have to use it to know how it works. I have around 7,000 rounds through mine and it functions flawlessly. I'm getting to the point where I'm probably going to have to replace the guide rod spring but it still runs great.

Good luck